Small(er) Frozen Mysis Shrimp

Sean Irwin

Non-member
I've been purchasing Hikari brand frozen mysis shrimp for some time now but they're a little too big for most of my fish (smallish gobies). The Hikari mysis are 10-15 mm long or a little bit less than half an inch stretched out. Do any companies sell more diminutive shrimp?

H2O makes a mini Mysis Shrimp. I believe that Jay's carries it, but I am not 100% sure, I would double check with him. But the H2O mini Mysis is smaller than the Hikari.

If I am not mistaken, some of the smallest mysis you can find, as well as some of the best according to most people are the PE brand. I have gotten them from John at Sea Creature in the past, but I am sure many stores carry them. They are the preferred method by most for tough to feed fish like Mandarins and other finicky frozen eaters. I do not believe Skiptons carries the PE brand so you might have to drive a little to pick them up........

If I am not mistaken, some of the smallest mysis you can find, as well as some of the best according to most people are the PE brand. I have gotten them from John at Sea Creature in the past, but I am sure many stores carry them. They are the preferred method by most for tough to feed fish like Mandarins and other finicky frozen eaters. I do not believe Skiptons carries the PE brand so you might have to drive a little to pick them up........

PE mysis is much bigger than hikari

From time to time PE does have tiny/small Mysis, but in general the normal PE Mysis are much larger than Hikari.

Back