Smallest tang

Metro

Non-member
Whats the smallest tang I want one but dont really want a monster one just yet I was thinking maybe a yellow Eye Kole tang or a Tomini Tang which one you think?

Yellow eye and tomini will be about the same size

Edit: just checked your post history, do you have any tanks besides the bio cube? Because no tang is going to thrive in there long-term

Last edited:
They grow so slow. I know someone that bought a small hippo tang and put it in his 40 gallon breeder. Had it for over 2 years before rehoming it.

I’ve researched this, it’s the Tomini, followed by the Yellow-eyed Kole and the White tail Bristletooth

I had a Kole tang in my “57” (really like 45 gal water) for about 6 months, eating constantly, fat and growing and generally seemed healthy. Then we went on vacation for a long weekend and never saw her again. No dried carcass, nothing. Verified the feeder was running normally, all other fish and corals looked as when I left. Sadness.

Fish typically only grow to their environment. I’ve had a blue eyed bristletooth for over 3 years and he’s at max 3.4-4” long and hasn’t grown in years.
I know I read somewhere that a guy ( think doctor) put a bunch of sim yellow tangs in a 29 g tank and they never grew much at all

Back