Snowflake eel and ICH HELP PLEASE

USNDoc

Non-member
Question all. Would the introduction of a snowflake eel into my tank cause my fish to get and die ? I have 125 gal HAD Arabian angel sailfin tang and Tomini tang and currently still have coral beauty angelfish. I introduced snowflake eel then next day or two 3 fish dead from ICH Also with coral beauty angelfish are they pretty hearty fish that they have harder time getting ICH cause she eats well and still shows no signs of ICH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Introducing a new fish is stressful for everything in the tank. Sounds like the new fish addition probably stressed out everyone that they got a bad outbreak. Chances are that your fish already were exposed to ich before and it was a managed situation adding fish starts that. I just had a similar thing happen to me. I added one fish and wiped out all of my fish because of a bad outbreak. So I bought a QT tank. Best way to avoid outbreaks is to qt all new fish in a separate tank with a copper based medicine for 3-4 weeks.

I don't think ich usually acts that fast - could be something like velvet that acts faster.

3rd that. Ick doesn't kill overnight.

Also IIRC eels are more or less immune to ick (I could be entirely wrong on this, it's been a while since I hit the books....)

+1 on velvet and ich not acting that fast also it could've stressed the fish out but all three seems to be a lot is it possible you didn't see or notice the ich until after the new addition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the eel? From a store or a reefer?
If is was wild, it might carry some virus that can wipe out your fish.
Is the eel still alive?

I have two foot Snowflake eel in my tank for six months now. All my 20 fish's and 10 shrimp no problem.

Back