Sokretys Build: Deep Blue 60 Cube

Well then you might be happy to hear that my power strip isn't an American DJ power strip. Its very similar. But mine has 9 outlets and the american dj has 8. So i would assume that the american dj version has larger spacing between its outlets. I'm far from certain just guessing...

I've got the XM 250w 20k in the Aqua Medic Ocean Light pendant all hung up. I picked up a Flipper magnet scraper, pricey but I absolutely love it thus far.

I built a couple of things in the past few days. A screen top that accommodates wires coming out of the tank and also the new veggie clip assembly i made.

I found a Christmas wreath door hanger at the dollar store. Bought an ocean nutrition veggie clip. Took out the suction cup and cut off the suction cup itself. Used 5 minute epoxy to glue the knob to the "top" of the wreath hanger (where i cut a little piece of the hanger off). Let dry overnight and hooked the clip back on. Works great! Gets the nori closer to the rockwork or in path of grazing while not getting my hands wet.

Built the meshtop. Pretty standard square. I used a 5/8" glass hole saw to grind out a few hemicircles in the edges of the frame. To restore structural integrity as well as avoiding frayed wires, I used epoxy putty to "plug up" the holes. I then used some razor blades and files to get them looking nice. Spray painted the rails with rustoleum enamel and the corners with krylon fusion. flat and matte. Used 5 minute epoxy to glue in the corners. Installed mesh then I put a glob of 5 minute epoxy about every 4-5 inches to keep the spline in place long term.

Still waiting on six 1"x1" x1/8" thick pieces of glass for tabs to glue to top of rails which will rest on top of the "rim".

Back