Solo Cups Reef Safe?

iammitch3479

Non-member
Just wondring if these #6 polystyrene solo Cups are safe to put in a saltwater tank. Mainly for a qt tank for hiding places since I don't have pvc and don't have time to get it. Want as little stress as possible so I want to give them hiding places and it looks cool to add some character to the qt tank. Not that it's for looks haha.just want to know if it'll leech anything in or be affected by the copper treatment.

As long as their "Red Solo Cups" , lol :)
My 1st concern would be that will not stay on the bottom very well and move around fairly easy.

Never left them full time but I have definitely dunked them in my tank numerous times. I usually grab a cup full or water when I do test so I don't have to keep going to the tank for samples.

I used one in my sump, cut down a bit, some rubble in it.............and some free floating mushrooms.

No issues from it at all.

I trimmed some GSP and put them in a cup to transfer to my frag tank. Got busy and just put the cup in the tank. Never did get around to doing anything with it, but now I have a cup fully encrusted with GSP.

I would say that we drink out of them, so they must follow certain guidelines.

I would say pull the MSDS sheets and take a minute and read through the pages.

Unprofessional answer from me would be yes, but do your home work or maybe find something more suitable.

Back