Someone actually

I had an LFS that was selling a PAIR of these. I reemed the guy. I couldn't help it. Talk about irresponsible.

So that means I should be able to goto petco, ask the salt water guy and be told I can keep it in a 75.

Clutchcargo said:
Anyone know where I can get a bottlenose dolphin for my 120.

I want a tank for flipper!

Seriously, this isn't cool at all. I would call and give a nickels worth.

I agree, it's ridiculous.
Even a 500-gallon tank is much to small for an adult Barracuda.
I don't condone putting any kind of "cruising" fish in a fish tank.

Have You Ever Seen Them Things Jump. I Could Just See It With Its Head Burried In My Ceiling.

Probabally just a disclaimer but it also says,
"As an Expert Only species, we recommend that only the expert marine aquarist, zoo, or research institution should purchase this species."

No one can prevent an Aquarium, Zoo, or research institution from putting these in a 10,000 Gallon tank, right?

Jamie

frazmanw said:
Probabally just a disclaimer but it also says,
"As an Expert Only species, we recommend that only the expert marine aquarist, zoo, or research institution should purchase this species."
Jamie

As a nature only species, I recommend that this species should be left in the ocean.

over time i get 10,000 g isn't big enough. consider how fast they swing and then think of the time it would take them to get across that 10000g aquarium...

frazmanw said:
No one can prevent an Aquarium, Zoo, or research institution from putting these in a 10,000 Gallon tank, right?

Somehow I doubt the NEAq is stocking its tanks from LiveAquaria.com

I was just giving you the answer they would say. Not that I agree with their sale.

There are many irresponsible companies out there. But this from them is supprising you are right. And by the way I don't want one!!!

I think having that fish in a 10000G is like us having tangs in a 50-200 gallon tank. Its not good for the fish but we do it IMO....

oh and I got a question, you know haw your not supposed to release freshwater fish in local ponds, well does that apply to the ocean with saltwater fish?

nitrofish said:
oh and I got a question, you know haw your not supposed to release freshwater fish in local ponds, well does that apply to the ocean with saltwater fish?

You are very welcome to release Nemo into Charles River.

nitrofish said:

In terms of freshwater fish, if you introduce freshwater fish in local ponds you may
1) ruin the local ecosystem. For example, some people releases large silver Arowana to local ponds, then the arowana destroyed the fish population in the ponds.
2)kill the fish. The released fish can't find any food then subsequently starve to death.

In terms of saltwater fish, it's more than likely the released fish, from your tank, will die along the coast of Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Maine. The water temperature where they were from is around 70-80, while the temperature outside Boston Harbor is in the 50 in the summer. You think they can take 20+ degrees drop in the surrounding? They are called tropical fish for reasons.

Back