Someone to diagnosis tank

srezack

Non-member
Hello,
So it seems like my whole tank is spinning I to utter chaos, it started with the xenias but now it's onto my anenome and everything else. While some corals seem to be doing good and all my fish seem fine other things seem really bad. I wasn't sure if there are people we can pay to come and look at our tank. We live in southern Maine. I would rather not lose our whole tank and we always want everything to be happy and healthy. We have added nothing new, all our levels are good, and we are doing regular water changes. we just can't figure out whats wrong. Te only other thin I can think of is possibly my rodi water system isn't workig correctly all of a sudden?

Fish unaffected, everything else suffering. (please specify what everything else is, and how it's suffering?) This makes me Wonder about;

-Toxins of some sort. Lots of things won't bother fish but will harm corals and other inverts.
> Do you run carbon regularly? You could try running a polyfilter - that will remove most toxins and will turn different colors based on what it is pulling out.

-Seasonal temp changes / instability? Temp issues will create some stress for fish, but corals and inverts will likely be affected more dramatically and sooner.

-Salinity issues. Again, SG being off will often affect fish the least, and everything else more. (if you use a swing arm hydrometer they sometimes go out of calibration slowly over time, it may be reading one level when the SG is actually notable higher or lower).

In terms of paying someone to look at your tank, maintenance services aren't too cheap, but they are out there and I'm sure any would be willing to at least look at your tank and talk over what they see.

Hello,
So it seems like my whole tank is spinning I to utter chaos, it started with the xenias but now it's onto my anenome and everything else. While some corals seem to be doing good and all my fish seem fine other things seem really bad. I wasn't sure if there are people we can pay to come and look at our tank. We live in southern Maine. I would rather not lose our whole tank and we always want everything to be happy and healthy. We have added nothing new, all our levels are good, and we are doing regular water changes. we just can't figure out whats wrong. Te only other thin I can think of is possibly my rodi water system isn't workig correctly all of a sudden?

very general Question

Some corals? Are we talking LPS, SPS or softies. Are the corals that are having issue all one type of coral?

All what levels? a list of level/paramters with test results gives us something to Diagnose

If you can lay it out by answers some questions most likely you will get and answer or at least a plan to figure it out

I have been talking to him and he is way over stocked with fish and some inverts. He has a biocube.

Back