something to watch for

skyedolphan

Non-member
very upset right now :(
I have had a PPE zoa for quite some time now and although it hasnt reproduced it has been doing very well well about 40 minutes ago I took a look in the tank and I seen a snail on the same rock with it just the regular everyday small turbo snail well just got home and the darn snail had moved over to be on top of the PPE went in to remove snails and guess what?

NO MORE PPE the freaken snail ate it :(

anyone ever hear anything like this? now I am debating on pulling all snails outta the tank but if I do what would be the next best thing for the glass cleaners?

i like stomatella...probably because they breed like crazy in my 12 gallon. and they were free!

i could give you some. i wanted to come down and buy some of your rhodactis anyway.

http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSheets/stomatella_varia.htm

did your purple people eater zoanthid look like this?
ppe.jpg

Last edited:
that's what that is...i have a stomatella in my tank...it just apeared...no idea how it got there and it is about full size acording to that thread...anychance i might get more in the tank if i have one?

dawn, that sucks!!! i would isolate that snail to the fuge or something and maybe some one has some PPE that they might feel charity and give you a bit...

ANDY

ANDY-
i started out with two...one black, one grey/green/brown in my 12 gallon.
in the 21 i have one big black one. no others.

the grey green brown one periodically spews 'dust' into the water...not sure if those are fertiizled eggs or what.

best i can figure that those turn larval and stick to the glass and then develop. not sure exactly. i have easily over 20 now.

theLIQUIDzoo said:
mad reefer- i wish those were mine! anyone got some? i'd like ONE polyp.
this guy has them sort of (where i got the pic)
http://www.farms-of-thesea.com/catalog/fund_drive.php
I wouldn't order from Blane (Farms of the Sea). From what I've seen & read he sends microscopic frags, and if you're lucky, 50% will live through the shipping. Don't take my word for it, though. Do a search here and on Reef Central.

PPEmacro.jpg

*hums* la de da... I do trades for other rares...but I'm no longer doing fresh cut frags...I'm growing them out again, so it will be another month before I have any.

I've never had a snail eat PPE's...even fresh frags or ones that were melting during the huricane outages. Did have a stomatella spawn on my ppe's..thought it was killing it so I pulled it out lol. now I just have 3-4 left that dont spawn...wish I kept that one!

Oh...If you had your PPE over a month with no new growth there might have been something wrong with it even if it was open and looked ok. I usually notice a new bud on frags @ 4 weeks.

I dont get y such a big deal about these, wow they have a green mouth... who cares....its gay if you ask me.... <<<pissed off cause I aint got none :mad:

Back