Starting a grow out tank

AlbertG

(BadPapi)
Im planing on try to hatch and grow my clown fish eggs .
Stating a grow out tank and i hear from a lot of people not to use my ta k water and if i do to filter with a coffee filter i just need input from anyone with experience .
So far i starting to culture rotifers and i know its a long shot til i get this right but i have to start sonewhere .
I will post a couple pics pkease coment with input .
And if you have any equipment to sell for breeding im interested .
So far looking for the harvest sieve before i order a new one from ap breeds . Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a3ccba7d808032aaca717b40a43524a4.jpg
f973ecb5998a907ea248c67d9c3de7ad.jpg

My grow out tank
Got a 20 high so i can use the cover i got on the BRS auction last month . Thanks circo for the donation it works great

d0c275194e276bc2eac5e2f0ea978eb9.jpg
89f6cff2d5f17dbaf16f8f934f7bf996.jpg

My rotifers grow out .
I know i know , its not how supposed to be done but im moving it to a 5 gallon bucket this week .
This was just a experiment that i dint think they will survive with a culture of rotifer i got from ben a forum member and just look true the microscope and they still alive after a week so this its getting better .

Nice. I want to head in the direction myself. Haven't gotten my clownfish to breed yet though.

unfortunate my clowns start hatching last nite . and the grow up tanks wants ready yet . i manage to take like ten out . and drop it on a big glass i have a home with a air bubble a heater and some rotifers lol i see if they survive . but at least I'm getting there .
i have couple friends that know a lot about breeding since this is my clowns couple first batch of eggs i should just let then go . and wait til like the 6 or 7 time and try to hatch and grow those out .
Zirco ,I'm new at breeding but every time i see something like clown spawning ,anemone split etc makes me more in love and accomplish on this lifestyle .
so i encourage to do it .
My wife got up last nite just to see what was the running around i had between my fish tank and the downstairs bathroom where i have my rotifers and she think i was crazy at first but when she saw the baby clowns was also amaze !

Already when to underwater word and Craig its ordering bunch of stuff from reef nutrition . So i can keep up the rotifers . The grow out tank its running with bunch of dead babies in there from the other batch im just trying to get it cycle thou .
Also there its 2 clowns in there that keep eating and seems to b alive so i keep feeding them .
I will post a pic but they really small lol

Learn how to keep rotifers going for a month before you try to raise clownfish. Take it from the guy who's made every mistake. If you don't, you will run out of rotifers and the fish will die.

Paint your hatch tank black on 3 sides and the bottom white. Then put some black acrylic, construction paper, etc on the front. The fish don't like light coming in the sides, but sometimes you need a window to see them. The white bottom lets you see just how dirty the tank is.

I like 50% parent tank water /50% new salt water with matching temperature to parent tank - big temp swing will delay the eggs hatching or not hatch at all.

Google pickles guide to clownfish. It's on another forum. Thats all you need.

Learn how to keep rotifers going for a month before you try to raise clownfish. Take it from the guy who's made every mistake. If you don't, you will run out of rotifers and the fish will die.

Paint your hatch tank black on 3 sides and the bottom white. Then put some black acrylic, construction paper, etc on the front. The fish don't like light coming in the sides, but sometimes you need a window to see them. The white bottom lets you see just how dirty the tank is.

I like 50% parent tank water /50% new salt water with matching temperature to parent tank - big temp swing will delay the eggs hatching or not hatch at all.

Google pickles guide to clown fish. It's on another forum. Thats all you need.
thanks man for the input !
i seem your clown fish set up and its nice .
I'm not looking to go that big just to have a little new experience in the hobby
i think I'm gonna set up a flower pot in the main tank cus they keep laying eggs on the biggest rock and im not able to take that rock out

How's the raising clownfish going Alberto? lots of fun huh? I have lots of rotifers for you as back up if you need or for any member needing an emergency culture. Growing rotifers for fun for now! Starting to raise Tigger pods tonight from the sample I got from Reef Nutrition at the OSRAS. I observed their larvae under the microscope and they look very very similar to rotifer larvae. Does anyone know why their poop is orange? I took the sample straight from the bottle from Reef Nutrition Tigger Pods.

Back