steps on dippin corals?

boboreef

Non-member
can someone tell me how to dip propally?...i dont remember the steps.....well i use seachem coral disinfect...and flat worm exit...is that all i need?

thanx in advance
leon

Some people have different methods of dipping corals. This is how I usually do mine.

I use a 2.5 gallon tank with a small pump. I use 1/4 tablet of interceptor for at least 6 hours. Then add FWE at the 5.25 hour mark and then iodine for the last approx 10 minutes.

Wow Anthony,
Not taking any chances I see. Do most corals survive that?

I've been doing similar to Leon. TMPCC + FWE, double dose of each, blast a few times during soak for 1/2 hr. If it's frag plugs or smooth rock I'll scrub w/ the Oral-B elect toothbrush and rinse just before I remove from dip. I've never suffered a mortality by dipping similar to this, and have treated corals (TMPCC) I have had for a while that started looking sickly and they've come back surprisingly fast. I've experienced birdsnest corals that didn't come back until after a follow-up treatment a week later...

I am curious about the Interceptor use and if anyone has had any bad experiences.

Interceptor

I use Interceptor in my quarantine system and have never had a problem with this medication. I leave the Interceptor in over night, with my skimmer air inlet blocked and then unblock the skimmer air inlet. The Interceptor is removed quite quickly the skimmer. Then I do a water change weekly in my QT.

Wow Anthony,

I've been doing similar to Leon. TMPCC + FWE, double dose of each, blast a few times during soak for 1/2 hr. If it's frag plugs or smooth rock I'll scrub w/ the Oral-B elect toothbrush and rinse just before I remove from dip. I've never suffered a mortality by dipping similar to this, and have treated corals (TMPCC) I have had for a while that started looking sickly and they've come back surprisingly fast. I've experienced birdsnest corals that didn't come back until after a follow-up treatment a week later...

I am curious about the Interceptor use and if anyone has had any bad experiences.

Wow Anthony,

The only coral that doesn't seem to like this treatment is a suharsonoi. Which stinks because I really like that coral. No problems with other corals though.

Besides the suharsonoi, I really haven't had any problems with interceptor. I'd rather lose a frag than infect my system with red bugs.

I use a 2.5 gallon tank with a small pump. I use 1/4 tablet of interceptor for at least 6 hours. Then add FWE at the 5.25 hour mark and then iodine for the last approx 10 minutes.

I something very similar... 6 hours interceptor, iodine for the last 10 mins and then a 10 second freshwater dip instead of the flat worm exit. I have heard that freshwater dips kill milli's but seeing how I don't have any I don't worry about it...

Wow Anthony,

No bad experiences with my dipping with interceptor and as far as loosing some corals I've lost some that where questionable health to begin with such as rescues or freebies. And my thinking is I'd rather kill a frag, as much as that would suck, than risk infecting my whole tank with pests...

I use Interceptor in my quarantine system and have never had a problem with this medication. I leave the Interceptor in over night, with my skimmer air inlet blocked and then unblock the skimmer air inlet. The Interceptor is removed quite quickly the skimmer. Then I do a water change weekly in my QT.

That's a great idea Chuck... Hopefully I remember that when I make a fish room...

Back