Sunpod Metal halide not working

bruinguy083

Non-member
I picked up a 150w Sunpod yesterday and everything was working fine. i turned it off, then tried turning it back on and it didn't fire, obviously.

i tried turning it on this morning and it won't turn on. nothing turns on, fans, ballast, etc. the moonlights still work.

does anyone know anything about these fixture? i didn't drop any water in the fixture.

I picked up a 150w Sunpod yesterday and everything was working fine. i turned it off, then tried turning it back on and it didn't fire, obviously.

i tried turning it on this morning and it won't turn on. nothing turns on, fans, ballast, etc. the moonlights still work.

does anyone know anything about these fixture? i didn't drop any water in the fixture.

try unplugging everything and then plugging everything back in.

Is it an electronic ballast?
If not than it could possibly be the capacitor,ignitor,transformer (if applicable) or ballast.
I do not know how to check each individual component, maybe another member will.
If it is an electronic ballast possibly see if another member close to you will let you borrow one for a test. If it fires than you have a bad ballast. If not than maybe an internal wiring issue.

I'd open it up before you jump to conclusions. That fixture makes a tremenous amount of heat. I wouldn't be surprised if you had a burnt wire or something.

Back