Superbrite Blue Leds Group Buy

Armando said:
nuno got pics?

Here's a photo that's pretty similar to what you actually see in person, in terms of light intensity and color:

live-rock-tank-moonlights-20041103.jpg

The moonlights are two of the superlumination 3-led fixtures, one on each side of the tank. As I mentioned before, the intensity of the light can be reduced by switching the power adapter to a lower output voltage.

Nuno

THOSE LOOK PRETTY GOOD NUNO. i WILL BE DOING A DIY WITH THE ONES FROM 3M...IF ANYONE ELSE WANTS SOME LET US KNOW... .75 EACH FROM 3M AND HE HAS TRANSISTORS AVAILABLE. LET ME OR HIM KNOW. IF YOU NOT GOING TO BE AT THE MEETING i CAN PICK UP FOR YOU.

tHANKS, CASEY

OK, I know this may sound silly, but are there any LED's in the spectra we want for daytime lighting? Seems like with enough of them, you'd have all the light you need at safer voltage, with no chance of breaking and MUCH longer life...

how many WOULD it take? 1000? 10000? there has to be some number... IF we could get the right mix of wavelengths.

hehe...dont know...you want to try well how many lumens is 1 led rated at does anyone know? Do led have a candle power rating yet?

I don't think that the heat would be that much less from the LEDs than the MH for the same light. I sell power supplies to a guy that makes 8x12 foot mulitcolor LED signs. He is using about 6000 watts of 5V power for the sign. When the sign is turned on, it is like a heat lamp for 6 feet away. The LEDs are packaged in groups of 9 in cluster the size of golf ball.

Tullio at ARAD is working on LED white lights. They are still more expensive than the MH for now.

The used ten "banks" and bused them. Each bank was powered by a 600 watt power supply. They had to set up a delay so that each power supply did not turn on at the same time. The wiring in the back was crazy, each cluster of LEDs was hand wired. The power supplies were $750 each in volume. Not a cheap sign.

I've ordered from this place. Slow URL but fast free shipping!
Besthongkong.com
.16/each when 100 ordered
You can string LED's in series if higher voltage is used. I used a 12 powersupply and strung 4 led in series. 3.v drop across each LED. This way one restior is used or can be ommited all together. (Do not exceed 3.5.v) Intensity of LED's would need to be increased to use a primary lighting. I understand this is being worked on.
Rich

I've decided to get the superlumination.

I am going to use 4 of the 3-led fixtures. Which converter should I use to power these 4 fixtures?

Armando said:
Which converter should I use to power these 4 fixtures?

Each fixture needs 60mA so you'll need a converter rated for at least 240mA... 300mA is probably safer, as the ratings are usually a bit exagerated. The one I use is a variable output adapter from WalMart, made by Philips... comes in a red package with the words "Audio Universal AC Adapter, 1.5-12V / 300mA" and comes with a number of swappable plugs (not needed for the moonlights, just mentioned it to make it easier for you to find the box).

Nuno

Great, thank you Nuno, i'll pick it up at walmart.

Penman, please cancel what i said about the power.

I won a pretty cool led at the raffle...plus I bought a bounch...i recommend a 47 ohm resistor and a 6v supply... if you run 12v the resistors get pretty hot...

nice color.

Back