Survey says!! Majano/Tulip Anemone ID

mnavick

BRS Member
Pretty sure this is Majano, just want to verfiy before I go all Rambo on it's behind.

Attachments

• Unknown Anemone.jpg
    Unknown Anemone.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 392
I do not recall ever seeing a green majano, and the picture's not the greatest (no offense), so with what I can gather, it could very well be a tuilp anemone.

I have a very similar anenome only it has red tips. Have no idea what it is. But it is cool looking. So until it starts doing harm, I will sit back and watch.

tulip anemone = mojano.

some are prtty with red tips, others more brown, they are all invasive, and will sting the crap out of other corals and multiply.

Yup, I once had a very cool looking manjo that was fairly bright green with pink tips. It looked cool, but that didn't make it any less a manjo ;)

Spent some time using the "Search" and there are a lot of similar pics (sorry for the quality). General consensus was, when in doubt pull it out!!

go figure, i thought mojano's were only the brown ones.. and "tulips" were the pretty green one's with pink tips... either way, neither one is good ;)

i got one of those in my tank plus some aptasia mot cool i got to pepprrmints last week they havent done anything to them i had thought that it was an anemone ? but i found some info at barnes and nobles . i still cant figure out how to kill it. i thought my pepermint shrimp would handle it? mines has some pink and green theres only one so far.

inject one of the following with a syringe directly into it's mouth

Boiling hot water
Kalk paste (very thick solution of kalkwasser and RODI water)
Joe's Juice (commercial product)
Aiptasia X (another commercial product)

all of the above should kill it... there's probably more that will do it in as well.

Syringe+Boiling water, 2 doses.....nothing but vapor. Nice clean spot on the rock now. To bad they can't be civil and play nice with everyone else.......

Back