anemone survey

I commend him for making the effort, but the author doesn't seem to have much starting knowledge about anemones and their care. The questions he asks about husbandry can not be applied the same to the different host species which makes the results pretty meaningless. It would be a little like doing the same survey for "fish" and concluding that 40% of people keep tangs and "fish" do better if you only feed them seaweed. Consider that he doesn't know that a quadricolor is a bubbletip (those are just the common and scientific names) or that he lumps all carpet anemones together when the husbandry requirements are as different as between a moorish idol and a chromis.

I would go first to http://www.carlosreef.com/download/fclick.php?1 for info. (hope this link works, it is a pdf)

I commend him for making the effort, but the author doesn't seem to have much starting knowledge about anemones and their care. The questions he asks about husbandry can not be applied the same to the different host species which makes the results pretty meaningless. It would be a little like doing the same survey for "fish" and concluding that 40% of people keep tangs and "fish" do better if you only feed them seaweed. Consider that he doesn't know that a quadricolor is a bubbletip (those are just the common and scientific names) or that he lumps all carpet anemones together when the husbandry requirements are as different as between a moorish idol and a chromis.

I would go first to http://www.carlosreef.com/download/fclick.php?1 for info. (hope this link works, it is a pdf)

Great info Cindy!! Thanks!!

Whoever wrote that "survey" does't seem to have much knowledge of reef keeping.

This kind of unscientific survey does more harm than good.

here is the "Bio" for those two people who wrote the "survey", it explains a lot:

Experience:
Stan and Debbie established and ran a reputable fish collecting business in Hawai'i for 10 years before relocating to Kinston, NC. They now manage the fish department at Animal Jungle pet store.

Back