T5 bulb combination

elaminator

Non-member
I'm still seeking for the best combination of T5 bulbs. I have an 8x54w fixture, for those with extensive experience in T5's, what combination of bulbs are you using? ie, brand, kelvin and spacing. TIA.
For Liam, love for u to chime in, haha..........

....what combo are you running now?.......and to start i like the idea of half of the bulbs in the fixture being ati blue plus, then you can get a nice pop and its a good par bulb, then you can really get creative with some aquablue special or some KZ figi purple's, or even some 10k bulbs for growth.......maybe you should try something like this........

ati blue plus
kz figi purple
ati blue plus
ati aquablue special
ati blue plus
ati aquablue special
ati blue plus
kz figi purple

.....and if bulbs 2 and 7 are on a seperate timer then you have a blue plus and a figi purple as your actinics or dawn dusk lights

This is what I'm running now.
ati blue plus
tru 10k
current act
tru 10k
ati blue plus
uv 14k
tru act
tru 10k

....what combo are you running now?.......and to start i like the idea of half of the bulbs in the fixture being ati blue plus, then you can get a nice pop and its a good par bulb, then you can really get creative with some aquablue special or some KZ figi purple's, or even some 10k bulbs for growth.......maybe you should try something like this........

ati blue plus
kz figi purple
ati blue plus
ati aquablue special
ati blue plus
ati aquablue special
ati blue plus
kz figi purple

.....and if bulbs 2 and 7 are on a seperate timer then you have a blue plus and a figi purple as your actinics or dawn dusk lights

+1 on this combo. It makes the colors in the corals pop.

Bulb Order (Front #1 to Back #8):
1. ATI 12000K Aquablue
2. ATI Blue Plus
3. UV Lighting 12000K Actinic White
4. ATI Blue Plus
5. KZ Fiji Purple
6. ATI Blue Plus
7. GE 6500K Daylight
8. ATI Blue Plus

This will be my new configuration.
1. ati blue+
2. ati blue special
3. ati blue+ or ati actinic
4. uv 14k
5. ati purple+
6. ati blue special
7. ati blue+
8. ati blue special

Im running a tek 5 8x54 on a 120aga, mixed corals
front to back
1.ati- blue+
2. ulv 75/25
3.ati blue+
4. ati blue+
5. fiji purple
6. ati blue+
7. ulv 454
8. ati blue+
will be trying the blue specials soon

This will be my new configuration.
1. ati blue+
2. ati blue special
3. ati blue+ or ati actinic
4. uv 14k
5. ati purple+
6. ati blue special
7. ati blue+
8. ati blue special

.....that sounds ok but honestly the aquablue special is like a 15k bulb with excellent par so ditch the uv 14k and go with the higher par aquablue special, and also i would forget the purple+, and go with bulbs 1,3,5,7 all blue plus, as the ati blue plus is a mix of a blue bulb 420nm and an actinic 460nm with really high par

...i like this....

1 ati blue plus
2 ati aqua blue special
3 blue plus
4 ati pro color
5 blue plus
6 aquablue special
7 blue plus
8 aquablue special

.......with this combo you have plenty of par and with the pro color(like a red color bulb) which brings out reds, pinks, oranges and purples youll get good POP from your corals, and if you think the tank looks too blue switch out a blue plus for another aquablue special or another pro color, and if you want it more blue then add another blue plus instead of the aquablue special, thats the beauty of t5's, but i would deffinitly go with the ati bulbs as they really are the cream of the crop when it comes to t5 bulbs

Back