T5 Thread

I know I saw that. It' looks amazing. I will be putting T5 actinic supplementation on my new tank with MH. I'm hoping I can get colors like that.

the "glow" is not as efficient as a T12 by design but the electrical benefits are big for a T5

ltelus said:
Andy your a big T5 fan,how are they for actinic supplementation versus VHO's
I think that a combo of T5 actinic and blue plus are giving the T12s a run for their money. Still comes down to what you like...more blue or more purplish glow. I think they both floures(sp??) well.

There's a few threads going on RC about the T6s (sorry, don't have the links handy)... from what I gathered, they're slightly "fatter" T5s that will fit into T8 endcaps (so it appears that they can be a direct replacement for T8s), and they seem to be available only through someone on RC... not a lot of info on them.

FWIW, that article gave me a lot more confidence about my decision to go with T5 lights.

Nuno

I had sent the guy Yu Li who helped develop them to try out his bulbs for free...haven't gotten a reply tho. Not sure about them only because China is the only one developing them. If Europe ain't doin' it....who knows. Jury is way out on them. T5s are at least proven ...only time will tell.

Back