tank crash

i have 3 orange monti cap frags well maybe not frags, cluttering my tank the biggest is about 5X8 and the smallest if 4X3
too many orange monti stags
your welcome to them they are in my way

cleaned some polyps off a rock and some zoos to make the tank a sps only somthing went wrong in the way of dieing got up this morning to a clowded tank :mad:

cleaned some polyps off a rock and some zoos to make the tank a sps only somthing went wrong.clams ok and a few other things but all monti dead

tammie not everything but the purple rim cap you like gone.thanks delta i have to wait a couple of days to clear up the water but thank you

Oh...Wicked bummer Dale. Sorry to hear the news. I wish I had something to hook you up with, but as I'm sure you read, by Caps got nailed by monti eating nudis. I just threw out my larger orange cap the other day, and my green/purple last week. So now I have just one tiny green/purple cap frag, and one orange cap frag.

Hey Dale,

Just checking in to see how everything went yesterday....

Hope everything else in the tank is stable.

Tammie

Dale, you are welcome to a couple frags when you are ready.

update all clams ok 2 rose bulb ok 1 flower ok 2 acro's ok all fish ok it looks like the monti is going to be the only corals that did'nt make it some were big so the tank looks empty now

That's a bummer.I don't really have SPS, - mostly softies - but if you want a toadstool or capnella I have some

Clam man,

I really like to try and learn from such tank crashes so that other folks (including me) don't repeat the problem in the future. Can you elaborate upon what happened? You scraped some Zoathids off a rock and the next day all the Montipora's in the tank were dead? Was there some other event that might have occurred? Spawning of something? Was a lot of the tissue of the Zoanthids damaged when you were removing them?

Also, because there are reports of a couple tanks in the club having monti-eating nudis, I'd also ask if your montis were showing any signs of ill-health before they suddenly died?

greg my mistake was not setting up a "sick tank" with carbon after removing the zoathids and some brown polyps and yes the tissue was damaged but almost all of it was scraped off this was a lesson for me any time you remove these kind of corals never put the live rock back in the main display.
nate no monti eating nudis
thank you dave

Back