Tank problems

I see. I need gonna try the carbon dosing and see what happen. Thank everyone for your help. Just driving me nuts

I do vodka dosing in one of my tanks without any problems. There is a very easy to follow chart available online. Also, have you tried Purigen? I keep a bag in all of my tanks. It helps with nitrates and nitrites.

So I took a water sample to jays today. The nitrate test came back 0 and phosphate was 1ppm. Told him just bought a new nitrate test the other day and mine read 80ppm+. He told me to bring them back and will replace them even though they don't expire til 2019..

Well I guess that's good news. Too bad you spent so much time and effort only to find out your tank was fine. :) I'm glad that it all worked out. Chasing numbers always leads me to more problems. I end up fixing one at the expense of another. Nice that he's letting you return the defective kit(s).

Rich, I would start a new thread and entitle it Apex Setup Issues. Good Luck! and let me know how you make out when I see you next.

There is a lot of good people on the forum.

Ok. So now that problem is fixed. Anyone know how to setup a neptune apex? Lol

Stirring up the sand bed releases nitrates from the sand. I never touch my sand bed I use nasaris snails hermits and turbo snails they take care of it.

Back