Taotronics or Reefbreeders LED?

jdeb101

Non-member
So it's that time of year again where I have to pay ~$120 to replace my T5 bulbs and instead I'm strongly considering one of these LED fixtures -
http://reefbreeders.com/value_led_fixtures.html
or
http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics®-D...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1384353591&sr=1-1

Current lighting setup:
Tek Light Elite 6 bulb T5 fixtures (http://saltycritter.com/lighting/sunlight-supply/tek-light-elite-t5.htm)
Light schedule:
2 ATI blue+: 2:30-4pm and then 10-12pm
2 ATI blue+, 1 purple+, 1 aquablue special: 3:30-10:30pm

This is on a 40 gal breeder btw. Opinion? Experience with these?

Get the reefbreeders.....or any fixture that has more colors than just cool white/royal blue.
Imo, the reds, greens, violet leds are worth the extrs cash and in the case of some coral are necessary.

The color "opinion" above would easily be solved if manufactures would just mix in some dang neutral/warm whites.

I used a reefbreeders "value color" fixture with great results keeping nem's, sps, LPS, and softies. I am going to be using a pair of similar units over my 90 sold by "reef radiance". There's no denying the effectiveness of T-5's either though. I prefer MH overall, but the energy efficiency of led and lack of bulb replacement is what I'm after.

I have the Reef Breeders Photon 24 over my tank and the light is great not to mention reef breeders ships from Connecticut so i got my fixture in 2 days.

I have the Reef Breeders Photon 24 over my tank and the light is great not to mention reef breeders ships from Connecticut so i got my fixture in 2 days.

What size tank you have rag? I was hoping the value fixture they have for $179 would work on my 40 breeder.

I'm interested as well on what people think about the reef breeders. I'm setting up a 75g and was set on getting a 6 bulb t5 fixture.. But theses seem to get good reviews.. I thought a decent LED fixture was going to be way out of my price range.

I'm curious... do we still have the light meter available for paying members? I may be interested in running some tests.

My coral growth has been sooo much better with my ReefBreeder LEDs for all softies, lps, and SPS and mine are only on 50%. If you have questions about your specific set up email Logan the owner and he will give awesome recommendations and he responds promptly. You can't beat not having to change bulbs plus the energy savings.

My coral growth has been sooo much better with my ReefBreeder LEDs for all softies, lps, and SPS and mine are only on 50%. If you have questions about your specific set up email Logan the owner and he will give awesome recommendations and he responds promptly. You can't beat not having to change bulbs plus the energy savings.

What fixture did you get and what size tank you have?

I have a 56 column tank that is 30x18x24 and the light works great I still don't have it at 100% and my tank is 24" deep, the value fixture will work great for a 40 breeder

Any pictures of your tank with the reef breeder LEDs?

This is a picture of the tank when I first set it up

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384807407921.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384807407921.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 592
Back