WTB TDS METER

FREAKINRICAN69

BRS Member
Anyone in the Burlington area have a TDS meter handy I could use for my new rodi setup? Trying to find tune my rodi and not to familiar with the rodi tds meter on the unit. Any if all help would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to text me or call me? 1-617-888-9074

3A64D721-E354-4399-B250-BD35A5D9994D.jpeg
78B36E66-E482-44D3-A6BD-199DA1D94040.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like your RODI unit was upgraded from a 4 stage to a 6 stage.

Move the TDS “in” meter to the red line of the first DI canisters and the TDS “out” to the blue line of the final DI canister. Usually the canisters go from left to right but the “final” DI canister is the left one in your case.

I’d swap the DI canister lines to go from left to right so as not get confused in the future. This is assuming that both DI canisters are mixed resin. This was how my 5 stage dual TDS meter was setup. The “out” should read 0.

Looking at your photo you already have one side of the meter, the blue “out” meter, to the “in” of your DI canisters. Can’t see where the other meter is connected to.

“HM Digital Inline Dual TDS Meter - Instantly know the purity of your water, before and after the deionization stage. The inline probes come pre-installed and with the simple push of a button, your waters TDS is displayed on the LDC monitor.”

E540D2D3-36D0-4C9E-8998-7EB06850279F.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like your RODI unit was upgraded from a 4 stage to a 6 stage.

Move the TDS “in” meter to the red line of the first DI canisters and the TDS “out” to the blue line of the final DI canister. Usually the canisters go from left to right but the “final” DI canister is the left one in your case.

I’d swap the DI canister lines to go from left to right so as not get confused in the future. This is assuming that both DI canisters are mixed resin. This was how my 5 stage dual TDS meter was setup. The “out” should read 0.

Looking at your photo you already have one side of the meter, the blue “out” meter, to the “in” of your DI canisters. Can’t see where the other meter is connected to.

“HM Digital Inline Dual TDS Meter - Instantly know the purity of your water, before and after the deionization stage. The inline probes come pre-installed and with the simple push of a button, your waters TDS is displayed on the LDC monitor.”

View attachment 150334
There’s one in the 3rd canister and the other one was on the out of the 3rd canister so I placed on the di instead. I’ll flip it around and yes both are mixed di resin.
1st sediment
2nd 5 micron carbon
3rd 1 micron carbon
4th & 5th is DI mixed resin
Besides the dual membrane.
it might be overkill but I’m thinking ahead and not taking any chances.
thank you for your prompt reply badbabyfry.

This is the out meter. The in meter usually goes where your out meter is currently at.

I typed this before I saw that you’re flipping the lines to go left to right. Either way, red to red and blue to blue.

That’s a nice RODI unit.

CAAB8A56-B9FC-4A13-B2F0-7A2C1DB27443.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the out meter. The in meter usually goes where your out meter is currently at.

I typed this before I saw that you’re flipping the lines to go left to right. Either way, red to red and blue to blue.

That’s a nice RODI unit.

View attachment 150343
Thank you chief. I bought the dual di separate and got the rodi into for a shroom trade. If I take the canisters off the bracket it should say out and in correct?
I have to shut it down and redo it anyway because it’s leaking from the ends so I’m going to put Teflon or plumbers white tape on it to seal. Feel fre to text to correct me. I was outside blowing the leaves abd now watching ufc245 LOL

Doing the rodi thing after the main event.

Last edited:
No need to take the canisters off the bracket. Remove the red and blue lines connected to the DI canisters from the right angle John guest fittings and swap them. Put the red line on the left and blue line on the right if you want the flow to go left to right. Before you do this put the red “in” TDS probe on the left and the blue “out” TDS probe on the right.

In this photo the TDS probes are where you usually want them to be. The T fittings with the TDS probes point to the back so you can’t really see them and the TDS meter is partially hidden by the metal bracket.

B21BA827-775C-4DFF-AC47-CBBEA076BD5A.jpeg

Here’s my DI resin setup. 3 canisters and 3 probes, the “in” (line 1 - red) is before the left canister and the “out” (line 3 - green) is after the right canister.

AA93D7BC-E11F-4C73-9669-AD0B7075FBE6.jpeg

The only reason I connected them that way was because on the white plastic it showed out on left and I imagined in on the right side although I couldn’t read it. That’s why I asked if I should change as you mentioned or keep it the same. Although I did notice the right fill in first before the left side. Which left me smh

Back