Templates

Groot

Non-member
Was going to change the template on my Radion G5 from AB+ to PHX14. My question is do I have to decrease my intensity? I it have up to 85% with AB+

Always a good idea to make changes slowly, and testing with a PAR meter is a great idea. 85% sounds high to me - however I’ve been out of Radions since I sold mine in 2017.

Other members can help with recommendations on a PAR meter, as well as the mounting height of the light and if 85% is still a high preset for it. Would love to see some pictures of your tank, too!

Thanks 85% is not to high I did reach that high slowly but there is a guy in IG that has it up to 100% I believe. We both are using the diffuser so that does cut down the light.

I should leave it alone don’t want to make my acans unhappy.
Having seen your tank in person...I think the lighting you have and the results you're getting are enviable. Personally, I don't think I'd touch it.

My experience is that it very much depends on what corals you have. Some are far more sensitive to changes in light intensity. I found my SPS didn’t mind, but my zoas really didn’t like the change.

One theory I heard—perhaps someone can comment—is that zoas only need a certain amount of light each day. If the light intensity is high, they get their fill quickly and by the time I get back from work they have closed up. Whereas if the light intensity is lower, they stay open longer. Anyone heard that before?

Back