Temporary Housing?

jdeb101

Non-member
So this is probably just a shot in the dark, but I'm wondering if there's anyplace or anyone that I could have temporarily house my maroon clownfish and/or a few coral pieces? The reason I ask is because I will be doing major home construction later this year and will not be able to keep the tank running during. I believe it can be anywhere from 3-6 months that I would need. I posted my entire setup/livestock in the FS section, but it's really killing me to see my clownfish (8+ years old) and a few coral pieces I've also had for years go.

I would be beyond grateful to anyone that would be able to house these for me until the construction completes.

Which city are you from my Display sump currently is not holding much except for a lot of rock I could always move things around Not sure what you have for lighting but I have just a basic white LED for the Chito if you had any lighting that can support the coral I would just put it over tank. if interested I can take some pictures of the set up I'm located in Malden
if your doing a breakdown and selling everything even if you had a few extra pieces you could give me that I could put in my display tank I'd be more than happy with that as a return for the favor

Which city are you from my Display sump currently is not holding much except for a lot of rock I could always move things around Not sure what you have for lighting but I have just a basic white LED for the Chito if you had any lighting that can support the coral I would just put it over tank. if interested I can take some pictures of the set up I'm located in Malden
if your doing a breakdown and selling everything even if you had a few extra pieces you could give me that I could put in my display tank I'd be more than happy with that as a return for the favor

Thank you for offer. What size is your display and how long has it been running? You're lighting probably is not sufficient for my coral, and definitely the clam. Depending on size of your display I may be able to provide lighting as well...

If it's 3-6 months from now, I might be able to help. I thought you need something now. I was hesitant to offer since I don't know how stable my new set up is when I'm away from home. The real test would be next months when I'm out for 2.5 weeks.
What type of corals you want to hold? I can accept SPS and LPS, and ricordia. I cannot do any other softies like zoas, palys, etc...

If it's 3-6 months from now, I might be able to help. I thought you need something now. I was hesitant to offer since I don't know how stable my new set up is when I'm away from home. The real test would be next months when I'm out for 2.5 weeks.
What type of corals you want to hold? I can accept SPS and LPS, and ricordia. I cannot do any other softies like zoas, palys, etc...

Construction likely won't begin until late summer/fall. My few prized possessions (and note I say "prized" as they hold personal value more than actual $ value) I'd be looking for you to hold would be -
1 Deresa clam, roughly 8"?
2 Duncan colony, probably the size of softball, 100 or so heads.
3 Two acan colonies, one baseballish sized another much smaller.
4 A few ricordias
5 If you could also house a gorgonian that'd be awesome.

I suppose housing the maroon clown is out of question?

I'd be more than willing to work out some sort of way of compensating for this as I would be more than grateful for any help! Thanks.

No compensation is needed. But there's a few things you should know.
1)Your clam will be fresh water dipped for about 20mins. Clam would be perfectly fine but any paramid snails, flatworms, red bugs, black bugs, etc. would be exterminated
2)Your Duncan will be dipped with Bayer
3)Acan will be dipped with Bayer
4)Ricordias will be dipped with Bayer
5)Gorgonian are non photosynthesis so it will be in my fuge
The maroon clown will depend if I have any other fish in the fuge at the time. But to be honest, a pair of clowns should be temporary housed by yourself. A 10gallons with a couple pieces of liverocks and a hang on filter should be sufficient.

The tankand sump have been running for five years It's 55 gallon corner tank that I am running 35 gallons through matched up with my 40 breeder Display tank so probably running a total of 75 gallons

No compensation is needed. But there's a few things you should know.
1)Your clam will be fresh water dipped for about 20mins. Clam would be perfectly fine but any paramid snails, flatworms, red bugs, black bugs, etc. would be exterminated
2)Your Duncan will be dipped with Bayer
3)Acan will be dipped with Bayer
4)Ricordias will be dipped with Bayer
5)Gorgonian are non photosynthesis so it will be in my fuge
The maroon clown will depend if I have any other fish in the fuge at the time. But to be honest, a pair of clowns should be temporary housed by yourself. A 10gallons with a couple pieces of liverocks and a hang on filter should be sufficient.

Your precautions are perfectly acceptable and actually appreciated. I have no pests I'm aware of but makes me comfortable knowing how precautions you are. :) You're probably right about just housing the clownfish myself, probably what I will end up doing. I'll shoot you over a PM with my phone # to discuss further. Thanks!

The tankand sump have been running for five years It's 55 gallon corner tank that I am running 35 gallons through matched up with my 40 breeder Display tank so probably running a total of 75 gallons

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind as well!

Back