That Fish Place/That Pet Place

Bobbofin

Non-member
I've been busy at work and on call weekends, going to Northern NH and VT, so I haven't had a chance to travel south for aquatic supplies. So I ordered some Elos test kits from That Fish Place. The Phosphate test kit had one of the regent bottle's cap loose and 20-30 drops or about 20-25% of it was in the bag in the box. No big deal; I took a pic of the mess, tighten the cap washed everything off and emailed That Fish Place. I told them instead of them and me wasting money on shipping please credit me 25% of the $26.59 price of the kit ($6-7) because 75% of the kit was still usable.
Gregory emailed back and said his manager said they'll credit me 10% or $2.56 to my account as if they're doing me a favor. The email had a tone is if I was bothering them or scamming them. This level of customer satisfaction quite frankly stinks! This is only my third and last order with these folks. I have received superior customer service with other leading online retailers and my LFS.
I told them to take their $2.56 and buy themselves a cup of coffee on me and never contact me again. I am going to Hershey PA for vacation this year and was going to stop by their store and do a massive load up of salt and supplies but that has changed.
Anyone else have similiar experiences with these folks?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that. My TFP experiences were always pleasant. I used to go to their retail store often before I took my tank down and it's definitely something to see. Pretty good deli next door too.

I got an email from from a customer service supervisor at That Fish Place that was short of an apology but they refunded me 100% of the purchase price, $25.69. I shouldn't have to send three emails to get this simple issue taken care of. Especially when one of my first two emails contained a picture, was a kind and reasonable request for a 25% refund, I'll keep the test kit and save myself and That Fish Place shipping costs to return and ship me out a new kit. I didn't go off on them, at least in the first two emails, I simply asked and said "please" and "thank you." I was in WTF mode in the third email after they were going to credit me $2.56. Why even bother. I question whether to buy large equipment purchases from them if they can't handle such a simple customer service issue. How easy would it have been to credit me $6.50 and thank me for my order instead of going through this nut roll? I'm in the service industry, I don't get it!

Last edited:
Back