The board is here!!

this is me

I like turtles
BRS Member
Alright, I just got my cuttingboard from cuttingbaord.com and all I can say is Damn thats fast!! ordered it on monday night and its now here. I just finished cutting so that it'll fit in the tank. 20 gallons of saltwater is being mix as we speak, and two empty 30 gallon bucket sitting all waiting for tomorow's big change. It's gonna be fun tomorow!

Yes, Yes!! I'm going bare since I just got a tunze but I cant really turn it up because of the sand and that's kind of defeats the purpose of getting a tunze.

Melody: you just lay it on the bottom of the tank, in place of the sand (it's basically a way to avoid having the rocks sit directly on the glass and create pressure points).

Nuno

no no no, you shred the cutting board into little tiny pieces and use it as fake sand. That way when you put your Tunze streams on your tank- its like a snow globe. J/k

nunofs said:
Melody: you just lay it on the bottom of the tank, in place of the sand (it's basically a way to avoid having the rocks sit directly on the glass and create pressure points).

Nuno

Aha! Gotcha! that's pretty cool! :) Thanks!

Its black!! lol.

Well, woke up early today at 7am and started the project. Just finished it at about 2pm.
Man, what a pain in the arse!! trying to re-aquascape with sps colonies is not fun. I dont even know how many frags I have now. And the tank looks nothing like it used to :(. I didnt want to spend any more time I already trying to arrange the rock since the corals are pretty stressed out. I just wanted to put everything in the tank and run it.
The tank is now pretty cloudy so I'll take pics tomorow.

Minh make sure you have plenty of flow behind the rocks so you don't end up with hidden piles of detritus.

I'm really curious about how you will like the bare bottom/cutting board tank. I think I would really miss my sand-dwelling critters -
Please keep us updated with the progress . . . .

Back