The constellation Prague - Asterina star

thespsguy

Non-member
They are most gone from my system after 1 hour picking it.
I heard the are not good at all.

Attachments

• 8F13E443-15C8-41A1-9C23-E9AA61BC12BC.jpeg
    8F13E443-15C8-41A1-9C23-E9AA61BC12BC.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 198
I bet you there are at least double that In your system that you can’t see lol I’ve never seen them bother anything but they can multiply fast. There is another type of star fish that will eat them but I can’t remember if it’s reef safe.

Give it another hour and you’ll see the same amount. :D
Harlequin shrimps are best although you’ll have to figure out what to do with the shrimp when its food source is gone. Usually mean you’ll have to buy starfish for the harlequin or you find it a new home with starfish in it.
FWIW, I usually just pick them off like what you’re doing but expect to be doing it every so often.

I have an increasing number of these appearing in my tank recently as well. Why are people so quick to get rid of them? From what I’ve read they are harmless and add to CUC, no?

My 2 cents but I agree with jdeb. I have tons of them in 3 tanks and (maybe fortunately) I've never had an issue? A grow out tank, a non copper QT holding tank tank and my DT. Was guessing/hoping they are part of the CUC so I left them. They spend more time on the glass than my snails do. Visually maybe but I like the look on people faces when I tell them they are starfish LOL.

Take that with a grain of salt (pun intended) as I'm also a 3 year marine noob. Paulo what did you hear about them not being good ?

My 2 cents but I agree with jdeb. I have tons of them in 3 tanks and (maybe fortunately) I've never had an issue? A grow out tank, a non copper QT holding tank tank and my DT. Was guessing/hoping they are part of the CUC so I left them. They spend more time on the glass than my snails do. Visually maybe but I like the look on people faces when I tell them they are starfish LOL.

Take that with a grain of salt (pun intended) as I'm also a 3 year marine noob. Paulo what did you hear about them not being good ?
Hey my friend, when you have sps or zoans they go after sometimes and they keep closed. Actually I do not have much zoas but couple I notice they were not opening because the little stars

Back