The Green 120 Tech Softy's Tank Upgrade

Looks great!! Ad I would imagine the overall power consumption is very low. And no need for a chiller. Truly a green tank.

Thank you, I really liked the ATI power module look so this took a few days to getting used to but I'm glad I went with it. My wife is very green and she said if you are changing the light go with the LED AI. I was looking at the new dimmable power module 8 bulb. But wanted the shimmer.

Thank you, and please don't be jealous I'm sure your tank is as nice if not better. We all take pride in our tanks and posting them just gives people ideas what they can do to there tanks. This tank will change it's look this year by posting it I can see what I've done good and bad. I never know what's going to happen or the direction I go in but there is always ups and downs till I leave it alone.:)
I must say that the lights bring out the colors very nicely as well as looking great above the tank. And speaking of getting new ideas, I think I'm going to go with something quite similar whenever I upgrade to a larger tank in a year or two.

Amazing as always!!!

Thank you, I have to update more often

looks great ronnie

Thanks Eric, how is the tank coming along?

Very nice Ronnie!

Thank you

Looks great!! Ad I would imagine the overall power consumption is very low. And no need for a chiller. Truly a green tank.

Thank you, I feel now the title is more accurate :)

I must say that the lights bring out the colors very nicely as well as looking great above the tank. And speaking of getting new ideas, I think I'm going to go with something quite similar whenever I upgrade to a larger tank in a year or two.

Thank you, I do like the lights you can have it natural looking or more blue for some pop I like the pop plus the shimmer.

Good! I'm working on getting a larger tank!

120 again or something different I do see some 120 for sale here and there. Going to light it with LED?

Beautiful tank! Nice choice of corals, colors, shapes/textures. Pure eye-candy inspiration - thx : )

Beautiful tank! Nice choice of corals, colors, shapes/textures. Pure eye-candy inspiration - thx : )
Thank you for the kind words. Here is a more up to date picture.

Attachments

• AI-12810.jpg
    AI-12810.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 576
I just read the entire thread. Great build. I made the hour and half drive to pick Ronnie's brain about the SOLs and had no idea how nice of a tank he has. A true inspiration for the tank I'm in progress of building. I wasn't completely sold on the LEDs until now. Thank you Ronnie for taking the time to educate me on the SOLs and show me your amazing tank(s). You'll have to come by and see mine when I finally get it set up. Please let me know if hear anything more on the Red Dragon front.

EDIT: I took some of your advice as far as power consumption and ways to get it down and I went from about 28 amps to a little over 8. Now I know that's not even close to the 1.2 yours uses but hey its greenER and that's also calculated that everything is on at the same time. So thanks again because you saved me almost $1000 because I don't need to have a dedicated circuit put in. Now I can order the rest of my SOLs.

Last edited:
Ronnie

that green carpet looks pretty :)

I guess 1 Hadonni and 2 gigs in the same tank are fine right? they dont have that chemical warfair and stuff........

Can't get enough of this tank!
Thank you I will try to update the pictures soon.

I just read the entire thread. Great build. I made the hour and half drive to pick Ronnie's brain about the SOLs and had no idea how nice of a tank he has. A true inspiration for the tank I'm in progress of building. I wasn't completely sold on the LEDs until now. Thank you Ronnie for taking the time to educate me on the SOLs and show me your amazing tank(s). You'll have to come by and see mine when I finally get it set up. Please let me know if hear anything more on the Red Dragon front.

EDIT: I took some of your advice as far as power consumption and ways to get it down and I went from about 28 amps to a little over 8. Now I know that's not even close to the 1.2 yours uses but hey its greenER and that's also calculated that everything is on at the same time. So thanks again because you saved me almost $1000 because I don't need to have a dedicated circuit put in. Now I can order the rest of my SOLs.
Thank you I'm Glad you stop by and can't wait to see you sick set up special that controller with the new light going to be amazing. Good Luck and LMK if there is anything I can do.

ronnie did u get that big frogspawn in the 120?
LOL I was going to put that in my sons tank because it looks so empty right now but decided to make room in the 120 yes in the 120 with the other big hammers and frogspawn.

Ronnie

that green carpet looks pretty :)

I guess 1 Hadonni and 2 gigs in the same tank are fine right? they dont have that chemical warfair and stuff........
I do not have them in the same tank the 2 gigs are in my sons 75 gallon tank and the Hadd is in the 120 as you saw it. Hope everything is doing well

ill have to stop check it out.... ill bring some beers and watch a thunderstorm lol cant get over those lights

Back