Thoughts?

Abrooks12376

Non-member
What do we have here?
4ba98ec6f17d4baaa6d645136972c895.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Not really sure... it does kinda look like dinoflagellates or maybe even coral shed. Sometimes some soft corals like toadstools shed a layer, which my be harmful to other corals. If it spreads its most likely dinoflagellates. Regardless it doesn't look like anything you want in your tank. If you can take the frag or piece of live rock out and shake it off I would do that, if not go in with a turkey baster and try to suck it up with all the power heads off.

I did whack it by accident last night when I was doing maintenance.

It's all gone now. Thinking real hard I did scrub a bunch of brown hair algae off the glass behind the overflow and it went global for a second..

Looks like a candy cane /trumpet coral to me. Teal colored.

But seriously.. I would say the shed. Looks like it got pissed off when you bumped it.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These coral are so moody... jeez. ...i don't know who resents me more, coral or the cats..

Always the cats... they are always plotting against us

Always the cats... they are always plotting against us

You're not kidding.. get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and it's just sitting in the middle of the dark kitchen with it's bright eyes staring at from the darkness.. what's up cat?!?! Why are you like this??

Back