Tips for feeding fish??

Celticreefer

Non-member
Hi,

I purchased my first two fish for my tank yesterday which were two clownfish. i bought some frozen food and flakes for them as recommended by LFS. i tried dropping the flakes in last night but the fish did not seem very interested in the food. do you guys have any tips for feeding new fish? are there any techniques to get the fish to notice the food and where i am dropping it? thanks.

you might want to give them a day or 2 to get used to their new surroundings.

they may not like flake food; try a SMALL amount of the frozen food.

Don't put any more food in there than they can consume in 2 minutes, and do not overfeed, or you will end up with a nutrient problem in your tank.

If all else fails, garlic is supposed to enhance fish appetites, and Selcon is a garlic based food additive you can soak the food in.

Clowns are generally not fussy eaters, so just try and have some patience.

I always get my food into the water column so the powerheads can blow it around. The fish seem to enjoy that a lot more than when its just floating on the surface. I think they can see it better too.

I wouldn't worry unless the clowns are not eating in a few days. Most all fish LOVE Mysis shrimp. I would add that to your freezer to feed!

Back