Trend or useful feature?

G.T

Salt Alien
I have noticed, a lot of new style RO/DI Units are now appearing with Installed UV's! Would you think this has any Beneficial use, on a RO/DI. Is anyone using one Yet? Lets Discuss?

This is the first time I've heard of this. Personally, I can't see much making it through my 6 stage rodi that would require a uv. But if there is some justification to it, I'm all ears.

From my 30 + years in PCB assembly, we use RODI to wash boards after assembly. UV is used only in a total recirculation system, i.e. Resys, where the water is reused and sent back through the cartridges to remove ionic contaminates. The uV kills bateriage.

uv kills lots of things in water, like bacteria and parasites etc. Most of the metro Boston water is uv treated at the plant, which allows them to use less and fewer chemicals in it. Here's an article about that http://www.mwra.com/04water/html/carrollwtp.html
But idk how much that would help a rodi system. I think it would be the diff between filtering out live pathogens or dead ones. I don't see it having much effect at the end of the day, so I'm leaning toward hype

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use them occasionally on drinking water systems where the RO water is stored in a pressurized tank. Also designed and installed UV recirculation systems on atmospheric tanks that store purified water.

Russ

I have installed RO/DI units in labs that come on skids with UV lots of times . like said above , its purpose is to treat systems that are re-circulated or long term storage

Back