Trident throwing errors: Fixed!

Joe Rice

Staff member
BRS Member
Last week my Trident started throwing errors. First was "Module error on Trident_7_3 (Test A)" then started getting "Module error on Trident_7_3 (No Sample)".

So I opened it up, checked that the cuvette was indeed filling up, kept looking around with a strong flashlight and finally noticed that there was salt creep on the outside of the cuvette almost certainly interfering with the built in colorimeter. I pulled the cuvette out and then noticed a few drops of some blue reagent on the bottom of the cuvette holder. After cleaning everything and reassembling it's working again.

Still not sure how that happened but I'll probably be cleaning my Trident every few weeks now. So if you're getting errors it could be this.

If you decide to pull the cuvette out, be careful as it's easy to break off the nub that the hose attaches to. I did that but luckily had my old one from before I did the maintenance. You might even want to watch the part about replacing the cuvette in the Trident maintenance video:

I actually cleaned mine after about 18 months of usage. Not sure I’ll be doing it too often but I agree it needs to be done on a regular basis to keep it working

Back