trying to find a place that buys old equipment anyone know of any in the area?

Tom18202

Non-member
I have 90 gallon tank, stand a bunch of pumps that i have been looking to get rid of for awhile now, does anyone know of any stores in the boston area that buys equipment? any information would be alot of help since the tank/stand have been taking up so much room in my front hall way. I am sorry if this is the wrong forum for this thread.

your best bet is to post up here your prices and what you have, photos helpful. Theres lot items that get sold thru BRS, someones always needing something.

REMINDER
If this is going to be a for sale thread, forum rules require that prices be listed.

If you would like to continue the discussion about where to sell equipment, then the thread will be moved to Reef talk.

Your welcome to just add prices and keep the thread where it is. Otherwise It'll be moved.

John K BRS Moderator

Hey guys the reason i was asking about a store was i really have no idea what anything is worth outside of what i paid for the stuff. and its more of a space issue then an issue of needing money so if its not worth too much i might just hold it till i get a bigger place. so i guess i was just trying to bring it someplace to see what its all worth(im new to salt water tanks had a 50g before i moved to MA that was very very basic). i bought the 90g used so forget exactly what kind it is just that it has the drain in the top center with an overflow box and 2 returns one on each side of the top back. the back and left of the tank where painted black along with the oak trim of the tank were also painted black. the stand is one of the basic stands(in teh light oak color), i will take pictures of everything tomorrow. one of the pumps is a Rio+ 1400 and one is a Rio+ 2500. i will try to find the pictures i took and if not i will take more tomorrow. but again if the stuff isnt really worth that much i will prob hold on to it until i have a bigger place so i can have it set up not near my TV(my gf thinks sump filtration is too load and annoyes her while watching TV)

Moved to Reef talk.

Please do not make this thread a for sale thread (OP or those who might be interested). If you would like to sell items on this forum please start a seperate thread with prices in "equipment for sale".

John K BRS Moderator

FWIW, the most common standard I've heard is about 1/3 of the new value on most used items. If trading into a store, the standard is usually 1/2 - 1/3 of what they expect they can sell it for.

This LFS used to carry a good amount of used equipment when they were in Marlboro. You might try giving them a call and asking if they would buy used equipment;

All Things Fishy Plus Animal House
352 Old Colony Rd
Norton, MA 02766
508-222-6996

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive gotten things from All things fishy in Norton and they have a whole bunch of used stuff as well as new stuff. I believe they still buy things as well, give them a call like John said.

Back