Trying to see if anyone has ever located this stainless material

Aquaman_68

too many gadgets to fail
The shaft assembly material for maxi jet powerheads. It's stainless rod..I know people were making mods in the club..(that required loger shafts) Any help would be awesome..(the correct size measurment would be nice too...as mine are worn out & can not be sized up with a micrometer...

Maxi Jet mods I made in the past I used 0.098" OD carbon fiber rods. You can find the rods at any hobby shop that sells remote cars, planes and boats. Online look into Towerhobby.com. The fibre rods are used for the propeller shafts on the boats. You'll also want to use 1.25" propellers by Dumas for the mods as well. I put together a complete Word document of the assembly.

Attachments

• Fibre Rod.jpg
    Fibre Rod.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 316
Brian, That size stainless is probably 306 or 308 or ? welding filler rod it measures just about what Leroy said .097.Need some lmk.

Hi, don't have a source for the rod, unfortunately, but am trying to send a PM (your box is full :)). Feel free to delete this post--just trying to find a way to contact you and found this thread.

Brian,
I have several sizes of maxijet shafts laying around as well as 2.5mm (.098") 316 stainless rod (not welding wire). Let me know what you need, I'd be happy to help out.

-Pat

Back