Tunze or Neptune ATO

WoodRiverTroutBum

Non-member
I currently have the Tunze ATO and it is fantastic, but with the 10% off I am wondering if it is worth grabbing the Neptune ATO to incorporate in to my Apex? I have spent enough to make me sick on BRS these past 2 days, then I started looking at the ATO, flow monitoring kit and a second energy bar. I searched these forums for some related posts but will try some of the other forums as well.

Maybe I am just looking for reasons to buy more cool stuff...I am sick in the head.

Alex

Lol I’m in the same boat. I have like 6 shipments in transit from there for my new build. And I’ll be placing one last order today.

If I had to pick , I’d choose the atk just because it learns how much water it’s supposed to add and won’t run much over that without shutting down. 2 optics and a float valve help my decision as well. In all reality it has 4 levels of safety

I also bought more than I should have. And spent a couple of dayes on the tunze /Neptune decision. In the end I got the tunze because
A. It had flawless reviews Neptune didn't
B. It's been aroun a lot longer and can't afford the risk of coolest, newest
C. I can silence the alarm.
D. its independent of controller with backup sensors

I have 9 packages on the way from BRS and probably another 4 or 5 that haven't been shipped yet. LOL In my cart I have the Neptune ATO, energy bar and flow monitoring kit. I have spent SO much money the past few days at BRS alone, I am trying to talk myself out of pulling the trigger. The extra modules will look sweet in my controller cabinet though, and what's another $550, right? :eek:

Is BRS easy to deal with returns for un-opened products? I would rather pull the trigger now, and then send it back if I decide to stick with Tunze, I just don't want to pass up the savings!

I have both. Both are great. The Neptune does a little better when adding Kalk (tunze sensor would get coated quicker) for me. I also like the Neptune which if you have Apex gives with visual indications and alerts.

I currently have the Tunze ATO and it is fantastic, but with the 10% off I am wondering if it is worth grabbing the Neptune ATO to incorporate in to my Apex? I have spent enough to make me sick on BRS these past 2 days, then I started looking at the ATO, flow monitoring kit and a second energy bar. I searched these forums for some related posts but will try some of the other forums as well.

Maybe I am just looking for reasons to buy more cool stuff...I am sick in the head.

Alex

wow you going to give up the Tunze ATO to order a new Neptunze because of the the 10%?
Tunze is a very good and reliable top off system and it can be as good as the Neptunze if not better.
My suggestion is : use the tunze top off and use the cash to buy other needy stuffs and dont go crazy because of the 10% off before you go broke.
if you dont know how good those Tunze top off system are then go read the reviews out there.

wow you going to give up the Tunze ATO to order a new Neptunze because of the the 10%?
Tunze is a very good and reliable top off system and it can be as good as the Neptunze if not better.
My suggestion is : use the tunze top off and use the cash to buy other needy stuffs and dont go crazy because of the 10% off before you go broke.
if you dont know how good those Tunze top off system are then go read the reviews out there.
Thanks vedau, I think the Tunze is the best out there, definitely the most proven. The Neptune ATK is actually 25% off, that is why it is so tempting! Plus, I am a sucker for the cool modules to display in the electrical cabinet I am setting up. I think I am going to need a second power bar and was going to get the fluid monitoring system as well, but I never needed to monitor my flow that closely so I can do without that.

Back