typical raised ranch

okuma2977

210 with 75 gal refigium
I am going to set my 180rr fowlr again. I was wondering if anyone had pics of there tank in a typical raised ranch or had any ideas on where they would set it up. i have the typical living room upstairs that has a chimney on the side coming up from the family room downstairs.. the family room downstairs has a tv mounted on the wall and the wood stove directly across from it and the other side is open where i had it before , just didnt like it there.. i could always try moving the tv to the other side but the tank would be about 11ft across from the wood stove which is a new vermont castings that throws off some good heat.. any suggestions would be great

thanks

Sorry man. Dont live in a ranch. I have a 92 corner tank right next to my sectional couch tho. If that helps

Not everyone knows what a "typical raised" ranch looks like inside. Maybe do a floor plan and post it, could be something that you draw up in MS Paint. The biggest concern would be which way your floor joist run, you want to have them run perpendicular to the tank, to find out which way they run try looking at them in the basement or attic. Then you can look at which locations can have the tank.

I've got one idea for you.
What I did was to build a non traditional stand. It is only 8" tall to put the top of my tank at waist height.
Makes for easy viewing when seated in the room and I mounted my TV on the wall above it. Saves lots of space, is easy to work on, big bonus if you have kids they can see right into the tank.
It's a bit unconventional but I like the look and opens up possibilities for locations.

IMG_0904-1.jpg

PICT0099.JPG

Man, that would worry me. In a high traffic area that low to feet, kids, dogs, etc.

I agree! I worry about my nephews hitting my TV when they come over, nevermind my fish tank! So many things would make me worry about that...breaking it, dropping something in the tank, and my TV falling in it! lol But otherwise... I can say it's a neat idea viewing wise.

Back