Ugg Hair Algea

Kevin McG

Ni Hao!
1st time I have ever had issues with this issue, look like hair algae and it's slowly getting worse.New bulb is on the way and all parameters are looking good. Also need to check out my water tds but it was reading 0-1ppm last month so I am pretty sure the issue doesn't lie there.

Will a lawnmower blenny eat this stuff up?

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 242
I'm getting it too all of sudden after my crash.. kinda sucks

I think i need to replenish my CUC and get new bulbs

try the true mexican turbos....how's your skimmer working? Flow? Ever dose vodka?

I have snails but no mexicans and will pick some up this week.The skimmer is working ok but am going to pull it and clean it up.
Never dosed vodka but there is PLENTY in the house :D

Get Kent Tech M magnesium and slowly bring your mg up between 1500 and 1600. It will magically be gone in about a week. And I do mean magically. I read a long thread about it on RC and was naturally skeptical. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes in my own tank. It has to be Teck M, and not another magnesium supplement. Evidently there is some by-product in it that does the job. No ill effects on the critters either.

Get Kent Tech M magnesium and slowly bring your mg up between 1500 and 1600. It will magically be gone in about a week. And I do mean magically. I read a long thread about it on RC and was naturally skeptical. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes in my own tank. It has to be Teck M, and not another magnesium supplement. Evidently there is some by-product in it that does the job. No ill effects on the critters either.

Thanks Paul! I never knew that. I currently use the RHF but will pick up a bottle along with a couple of Mexican turbos this week.

i got an emerald crab when i had an outbreak of it. it took him a few days to get used to the tank then the HA was gone in like two days and it has never come back. i changed how i did somethings to, to get less nutrients in the water but the crab cleared house. he is huge now i got him when he was the size of a dime and now he huge like scary huge lol.

Are you sure this will work with HA? As far as I've known it only works for bryopsis which it does work for. When I had a little bit of bryopsis I used this method but the small amount of HA I had didn't react to it at all...

elevated mag only seems to work on bryopsis.I tried regular mag supplement and it did'nt work,tech m did though.
API hair algae remover works awesome,make sure you use the marine version.
It also apparently works on cyano which might be useful to you also;):D

Back