Under Water World, Taunton

s_kelley

BRS Member
Just wanted to give everyone the heads up.
I was at Underwater world yesterday getting my usual water and checkin out the stuff. They have a ton of new and cool stuff.
For the guys with huge tanks they have a new awesome bumblebee grouper, this thing is about 8-10 inches and has awesome black/yellow markings, wish i had a bigger tank cause it would have come home with me.
Their coral tanks are packed with very cool stuff, they have a bit of everything. Acan colonies, acan frags, fungia plates, SPS/LPS frags and colonies, clams, zoa/polyps, as well as all the usual stuff, frogspawn, hammer coral, leathers, mushrooms, etc.
In the zoa tank they have an awesome open brain that has insane colors looked like a tyedied t shirt
Again Im just giving BRS people the heads up if your looking for some new items, they probably have what your looking for.

Most of those awesome new corals came from a tank, Greg broke down for someone.
He said he is going to frag up some of the bigger ones. Did you see the kryptonite candy canes!! They look radioactive!!!

Greg's a good guy very good prices and some very nice corals and fish. Also, He can help ya out with technical problems with equiptment as well

i was there the other day , okay fine it was a few weeks ago
they had a ton of sps and lps nice tanks, pest free and clean, some of the zoas were a little pricey but ora frags were great prices, i wish i could have picked up a red planet from them

on the other hand thier fish looked kinda sad and i realize that its in a mall so stuff is going to be marked up but stuff was kinda pricey in general

Gregs a great guy and he is always willing to help you out, he has really stepped it up on the inventory in the last year or so as far as SPS and LPS goes, always has almost all of ORA's current frags, good fish selection as well and he even has lots of dry goods on hand. Best LFS you will find in a mall thats for sure.

i went in there once wayy back and i didnt really get a chance to look around at all the salt water stuff but the freshwater selection is amazing

I was in there yesterday... i was REALLY impressed. A lot better than the last time i was in there which was probably at least 6 months ago. I kinda wrote them off as just another lousy store, but i was in the Taunton mall yesterday and just happened to stop in. He actually had a fantastic selection of healthy looking SPS, and they were fair prices as well. I talked with an associate for a little while (i believe it was the owner) and i was just telling him how impressed i was since the last time i had been in there.

I walked out with an ORA Bellina, that was just fantastic looking. It's nice to actually have a respectable fish store near me now a days, or at least one that is closer than Boston or Seekonk ;) . Underwater world may be getting a good deal of business from me in the future.

Now i can see why you're actually plugging them so much Nick ;)

I really wish they'd just get rid of the freshwater section though.. they have so much more potential if they just ditch the stooppiddd fresh water! They don't have a huge selection of fish, but like i said, it's mainly because the store is half freshwater half saltwater.

I haven't been there in awhile but it's amazing how good those corals Removed, keep the discussion to yourself please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminder, Discussion is not allowed in vendor experiences.

Back