Update on mystery coral from Bec!

TomD

Non-member
Ok well it has grown a little for those of you that were debating as to what it was.

I noticed this originally as a brown fuzz on a piece of LR from Bec's sump so I threw it in the main. It bleached white but a month later it began showing blue polyps:eek: :)

Here is the original thread and a pic from today! Even though everybody thinks it is going to turn into this cap it still encrusts like an encrusting monti.

http://bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41219

Attachments

• mystery coral from Bec.JPG
    mystery coral from Bec.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 352
Fuzzy crappy pic but shows the colors.

Attachments

• mystery coral from bec (2).jpg
    mystery coral from bec (2).jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 328
I just took a good look at it. Whatever it turns into it is going to be nice. Its colors now look like the combo on a rainbow but Bec did not have a rainbow.

It is very interesting watching a coral grow from fuzz and seeing it progress...Unreal:)

BUMP!!!!!

Come on people you have to be as excited as me! This came from a dark sump after who knows how many months:)

Not really Dave. It is way in the back center. With my P&S it is tough. As of now it grows like a danae. If you read the other thread you can see the interesting converation of a blue polyped cap that had a lot of club history. I am still banking on that but it has not started to raise at all. Just encrusts over everything like an encrusting monti.

Tom I am Pretty sure it is a M peltiformas I had given Bec a piece app 3-4 yrs ago and it grew very well and huge inher tank. for awhile we thought it was a danea but I think we came to the peltaformas decision 2 years ago .
In my tank this thing is oneof the slowest growersI have ever seen BUt again I do not keep a pristine tank as I have the elegance so I seriously over feed and only light skim ..

its body has varied from yellow to green with the brightest blue to the darkest blue polyps mine did best under 250ushio 14Ks mid tank level lotsa flow .

I know Brian /Jill and Brian has a piece in their tank under T5s that is also doing very well the only timeI notice growth onmine is when I frag a pieceof it then that section grows very well..

the color is crapped out ritenow with the tank move and 10Ks but I willsee if I can get a picup for you on this thread ..

there is also a thread somewhere were we were talking about it but I cant even contemplate where it is at this time ;)

my best guess seeing this was a few years ago wouldbe a 20K bulb
rite now it is totally crapped out in color but if I get a chance I will try for adecent pic of it

Dawn,
Is that what it is? The one you gave me is the coolest green/yellow body with blue polyps.
M.

I would say then that yes it is the peltiformas the body on it changes with the light and water params I have seen it a very light yellow to a dark green but always a bright blue polyp

I think i got the same thing from you as well Dawn, has a nice yellow green body with blue polyps. Hasn't grown much since I got it either.

Back