Updating Radion G4s to mobius

ReefAddict

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Updating Radion G4s to mobius.

Any of you guys have some pointers on this. I go to the update legacy option in mobius and the two Radions I want to upgrade to mobius are there (along with my others that are on my wxm). I select the two and choose update. They start and finish really quickly and say "Update Complete 0 Succeeded, 2 failed with no other info.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had same trouble with my G4s. Took a few tries with the below steps, but then worked.

1) Unplug the Radions. Leave it powered off for 30 seconds
2) Restart your mobile (or on your bluetooth - turn it off and then on)
3) Power on your radions. Give it a couple of minutes and then start mobius on your mobile and go through the setup.

Also try to keep phone screen on, mine wouldn't work unless I kept screen open the entire time, I have since gone back to a reeflink. Mobius was to glitchy in my opinion.

I had same trouble with my G4s. Took a few tries with the below steps, but then worked.

1) Unplug the Radions. Leave it powered off for 30 seconds
2) Restart your mobile (or on your bluetooth - turn it off and then on)
3) Power on your radions. Give it a couple of minutes and then start mobius on your mobile and go through the setup.
Ty. I’ll try this when I get home.

Also try to keep phone screen on, mine wouldn't work unless I kept screen open the entire time, I have since gone back to a reeflink. Mobius was to glitchy in my opinion.
Yes I agree I wanted to add these to my WXM but between my vortechs and my radions I reached the limit for one wxm. :(.

I’ll def try keeping the screen on.
I was going back and forth from mobius to other apps while I was doing it.

Nope none of its working.

Just getting the following:
61BD24DE-3555-46CF-9392-0AA345556E5D.jpeg

D523E7F5-9115-494E-B3BC-D4B2399120B9.jpeg

what is the manufacture date for the G4? If it is prior to Feb 2017, you need to install a mobius ready RF module.

"Ready*: Devices marked as "Ready*" will need a Mobius compatible RF Module installed if built prior to February 2017. Once the RF Module is installed, they will simply need a "Legacy Device" firmware update via the Mobius app. "

Yes. They come up as legacy devices meaning they were detected via bluetooth. I opened them up, they both have the newest black chip as expected.

Try only having one on and updating it. Then do the other. I had to that when I was trying to get a bunch of mp40s to sync to mobius properly.

Try only having one on and updating it. Then do the other. I had to that when I was trying to get a bunch of mp40s to sync to mobius properly.

This did it. I have several others on a WXM. I had to unplug all ecotech devices in the room and do it one by one.

Back