urgent epoxy question

smpross

Non-member
Hey guys,
I was at lowes and they had epozy there similar to the green and white stuff at the aquarium shop but it was grey. It was made by a company called oatley. Does anyone know if it is safe. I don't want to risk it unless we are sure. Is there another brand at lowes that can be used. Just can't get to a fish store for a couple of days.

Thanks

Scott

Hmmmmm....Oatley,that's the same company that makes PVC cement.
I'm sure it's fine,what's it used for,quick repairs to PVC cracks and stuff?
And why is this urgent,Scott?Personally,I've found that the aquamend at H.D. works for me.

yeah... what kotu said =/.

Zipties... not twist.

Zipties do wear down after a while though.. nylon rods and bolts work the best.. although i have used a few zipties in my aquascaping that worked well.

i tried the stuff from HD one time(the white/green stuff) my skimmer was blowing its top for days,never again.

Hrm really? I've used Aquamend many times from HD with no issues. Weird.

Where do you get those acrylic rods?

Hrm really? I've used Aquamend many times from HD with no issues. Weird.

Where do you get those acrylic rods?

you can get the true acrylic rods from us plastics.
Some people use the fibreglass rods that are used as driveway markers

check the manufacturers website. bought something similar a few months ago. immediately my xenia wilted. turns out there was phermaldihyde (sp?) in it. :eek: BE CAREFUL!!!

After that incident, I only use stuff from a LFS. :eek:

check the manufacturers website. bought something similar a few months ago. immediately my xenia wilted. turns out there was phermaldihyde (sp?) in it. :eek: BE CAREFUL!!!

After that incident, I only use stuff from a LFS. :eek:

i see many people with xenia problems suddenly running out for fibreglass driveway markers:D

Thanks guys. I immediately went to home depot (Thanks stingythingy) and got the aquabond. I just needed something that would not hurt the tank. It worked well. Just did not want to leave the rocks stacked without securing them...

Shunter, how could you use a plastic coat hanger?

Scott

Thanks guys. I immediately went to home depot (Thanks stingythingy) and got the aquabond. I just needed something that would not hurt the tank. It worked well. Just did not want to leave the rocks stacked without securing them...

Scott

Is that the two part that's green on the outside and white inside,Scott?

Gee,you had to ask him about the coat hanger.......huh?:rolleyes:

Hey Bob,
Yeah, it is the green and white stuff. Seems to be the same stuff that they sell at the aquariums but it is MUCH cheaper at HD.

Scott

I think he meant to cut out the coat hanger and use the longest part like a rod.

Back