Vibrant vs. Bubble algae and Macro algae

FishieBusiness

BRS Member
Hi Again All,

I have been battling with bubble algae. Manual removal in the areas than are reachable has been the staple. However this has to be a repetitive process and is just like mowing the lawn. I dont want to mow the lawn. I want to scorch it to the earth. Vibrant seems like a good idea to get rid of the bubbles for good. I'm pretty sure that I have to remove all my Macros from the fuge.

Want do you think? Have you ever used this to get rid of bubble algae? Anything you think that would be helpful to know?

I've never used it personally, but did battle valonia and still do somewhat. Added a couple tangs, a foxface and an urchin. Still manually remove them here and there.

I'm using vibrant right now for bubble algae. Been dosing for 5 weeks. I've noticed a huge difference. I've tested nutrients every couple of days so they dont bottom out. I dose N03 and P04 as needed. The bubble algae is about 50% gone while using full strength dose of vibrant. Vibrant makes the bubble algae fall off the rocks, I still have to manually pick the loose pieces out of the tank. Its kind of a pain but when all else fails, it's one step closer to defeat! I don't have any macroalgae in the tank but I do have tons of PODS and other little crustaceans. They have not been affected at all as I thought it would diminish there food source

I would be careful with vibrant. I used it at the recommended levels and eneeded up with the same algaes and a Dino outbreak

I saw something similar, but on a smaller level. I went to about 2/3 recommended dose, and now I run in 365 days a year. I find I clean the glass much less when I run it

@FishieBusiness search up flux hd I believe I read something on here about using that with better results.
I recently used reeflux HD for Bryopsis and GHA with spectacular results. Bryopsis was completely gone in about 7-10 days. It significantly reduced my GHA algae to where my tangs are now keeping it at bay. Absolutely no ill effects to any of my corals or inverts. I'd highly recommend trying this.

I used Chris A's 8x method - reef HD - and it wiped out the bubble algae but it did come back and I'm currently doing a second treatment right now and the bubble algae are currently melting. It hasn't caused any issues for inverts, fish or coral, but it will wipe out any green algae including your macro. Vibrant has never worked for me. I ran it at 4x for a month with zero effect on bubble algae and not much of an effect on green algae. I've tried it several times now and it's been completely useless. Others have different experiences.

Back