Vibrant

This algaecide will loose its function in days after it attached itself to the surface. Long term effect to coral is not known but since this chemical has been around for a long time, my guess it is not an issue.

So no way to remove this stuff from the system once it's in? Does that mean any live rock in the system is now garbage and shouldn't be used in new tanks?

What is the long term effect of this stuff? Do we even know?
There are plenty of people who used this product without issues. There is clearly a lot of outrage about the false advertising on the bottle, but never fear, your tank is not doomed. I've dosed this product and never had issues. I dosed at half dose. I don't think I'll dose it again, unless I have a crazy algae outbreak and then I honestly might.

I had been using Vibrant since Jan. to deal with bubble algae that getting out of control. I just stopped using it this week as it has rid the tank of the bubbles. I have now a case of cyno to deal with now, But this is easy to get rid of it.

After reading this thread and the links posted I'm really happy that I stopped using it.

Reef Flux is a good alternative from what I can research.

Back