Vote for the talk you want to hear in April

What would you like to hear me talk about?

• Reefkeeping Chemistry (and biology)

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Avoiding reefkeeping disasters

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Raising clownfish and larval fish and inverts

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Methods for coral propagation

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
Boston Reefers, I've been asked to give a presentation at the upcoming BRS meeting in April which I understand will be on Sunday the 10th in Dudley, MA.

I've been in the hobby a long time (sheesh, almost 20 years now I guess!) and my academic background also gives me some insight on various aspects of the hobby as well. I've given various talks over the years and am not completely adverse to developing a completely new talk provided it's on a topic I know something about. So...here's your chance...pick/vote for one of the topics I already have a talk prepared for, or suggest in this thread one you'd like to hear about.

Since I am still new at this hobby perhaps you could give a short list of what the potential topics could be. I feel like the things I am interested in are all related to building my tank such as lighting options, sump set ups, feeding schedules etc. since I don't know your background I don't know if I should ask for proper par readings for different corals or reef chemistry etc.

That's my two cents !! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I am still new at this hobby perhaps you could give a short list of what the potential topics could be. I feel like the things I am interested in are all related to building my tank such as lighting options, sump set ups, feeding schedules etc. since I don't know your background I don't know if I should ask for proper par readings for different corals or reef chemistry etc.

That's my two cents !! :)

If you look at the top of this thread Greg posted a poll with the topics he is trying to decide from

Gregs Bio (backround)
http://reefkeeping.com/authors/gh.php

Thanks! I will take a look on the computer I don't see a poll on tapatalk

Looking pretty close (except for the disasters talk). Perhaps I'll put together 3 mini talks about the three topics that are winning.

Looking pretty close (except for the disasters talk). Perhaps I'll put together 3 mini talks about the three topics that are winning.

Everyone puts off never expecting something bad to happen to them.

Mr. Murhpy where are you!

Change of plans. Just no way for me to put together coherent talk on all three topics. Just too much material there. I'll be leaving off coral propagation and will only talk about Reefkeeping Chemistry and Larval rearing. You can always read the on-line articles I've written on the other two topics.

Back