wat fish will survive in a 2.5 gl.

Mike Paul

reefaholic
Hi just got a couple questions I have a 2.5 gl with a 1 gallon h.o.b. fuge and wasvs wondering if two baby clowns would be able to live in the 2.5 gl with a bubble anenome n if not should I upgrade to a 5.5 gl cause i really dont wanna go bigger then that n if they still cant survive in that wat fish could I get to survive in either a 2.5 gl or 5.5 gl thank you for your time and appreciate any advice

A firefish, small goby/pistol, etc. are all good choices. I'd go with the 5.5gl if you can just for a little more room.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/74703-lgreens-ultimate-guide-to-nano-fish/

From the guide I linked to:

VII. Nano Fish Listed By Tank Size

Note: Suggestions for Seahorses by tank size can be found under the "Seahorse" heading in the next section of the guide, Nano Fish Listed By Group, for the time being.

Key
Green = Beginner (Ideal for first time fish owners and or new tanks)
Black = Intermediate (Ideal for hobbyists with established tanks)
Red = Difficult (Ideal for experience hobbyists who can meet the special needs of these fish)
** = Available Tank Raised (Please let me know if I am missing any)
V = Venomous

Note: There is a lot of controversy around the idea of keeping saltwater fish in tanks under 10g. Whether or not it is ethical will be up to you to decide and not something I'm going to get into. Like it or not, the fact is there are going to be people who do it. Therefore, I would rather at least provide those people with some guidance to make good choices instead of just leaving them in the dark.

Note Mandarins/Dragonets: There is a lot of controversy around the idea of keeping fish from the Dragonet family in nano tanks. Whether or not it is ethical will be for you to decide and not something I'm going to get into. I personally do not encourage people to keep dragonets in nano tanks, however, despite my feelings there a many who have successfully kept them in smaller tanks, there for I will include them in this guide.

0.5g Pico (1.9 L) (Includes Red Sea 0.5g Deco Art) (1 extra small fish)

-Blue Neon Goby**
-Catalina Goby [cold water]
-Clown Gobies**
-Eviota Gobies
-Panda (Clown) Goby
-Redhead Goby**
-Trimma Goby
-Yellow Neon Goby**

2.5g Pico - 5g (9.46 - 18.93 L) (Includes 2.5g Minibow, Eclipse Explorer, JBJ 3g Pico, 5g Minibow) (1 fish)

All of the above plus:
-Citron Goby
-Green Banded Goby

Back