These are growing everywhere an i dnt knw wat they r

ReefGrlGLH

Non-member
these are growing everywhere, an i feel my zoas an other soft corals dont like them. Does any one knw wat they are? An if they are bad how do i get rid of them? I was sucking them out with a vac lol
pic is the best i can get from my camera phone. ill try again if u cant see that good:mad:

Attachments

• 01302011090.jpg
    01302011090.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 299
Looks like aptasia to me. they are invasive and need to be removed. Joe's juice, lemon juice, or kalk paste are the typical methods of removal. Peppermint shrimp eat them.

I was reading on an oldpost you could get them with tweezers I have used aptasia x and been successful getting rid of a few of these and a large aptasia population I allowed to grow.

ill try with tweezers tomorrow... i was also going to try rodi bowling water. Joe's Juice. dont know how to use that as i was reading you treat the whole tank an im scared it will kill everything else....
My poor corals aint opening up... Having these things makes you want you take down the tank. I WILL WIN!!!!! LoL

Joe' juice like aptasia x is injected into each individual mojano. These should not have any effect on your coral not opening. The top pic looks like you may have aptasia too.I had a huge problem with that problem because I let my tank go. I used aptasia x but there were alot. I added a peppermint shrimp he hides in a hole in the rock I have never seen him eat any aptasia .However the last week or so I noticed all my aptaia i gone. I thought I was going to buy more aptasia x. I mean I do not have one aptasia anywhere he must be secretly doing his job.

Last edited:
They are difficult to get rid of because they recede into the holes of the rock as soon as you touch them. I've had good luck with Joe's juice. It comes with a little syringe that you use to squeeze the stuff into the center of the marjano. It helps to turn your pump off first because if the stuff falls on your other corals, they could die too.

Boiling water and a syringe.
Picked up a few on a peice of rock I purchased and blasted them to heck!!!!
Unfortunately anything in close vacinity will also be nuked from the scalding water. Lossed a few corals and coraline but better than an infestation.

No worries Chris. Tought me how to irradicate them, and it was fun in the process :>)
Atleast you warned me, worse when your told it's clean and they appear.
Just another great reminder for reefer's to dip/Hospital tank before introducing to your system, always supsect the worst.

Back