Water Change station

SteveDola

Good Tings
BRS Member
I finally got around to doing the water change station so i dont have to lug buckets anymore. I have a sicce sdc wifi to run my water via 50ft hose to my tank. I have a feeling my back will be thanking me later.

Attachments

• waterchangestation.jpg
    waterchangestation.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Waterstation1.jpg
    Waterstation1.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 71
  • waterstation2.jpg
    waterstation2.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 70
I cant wait to try it out soon. I had a little leak at bulkhead but after a tighten up we all good. Im having issues with connectivity with my sicce wifi pump that I have to talk to service about but other than that its good to go.

1 Question: since my bulkheads are about 5-6 inches off the bottom of the drum, can I put a 90 facing down to the bottom on the inside of the drum to pull from the bottom? Im thinking (after the fact ;-) that if not I will have about 5 gallons always in the drum. Does anyone else with similar setup do that?

I cant wait to try it out soon. I had a little leak at bulkhead but after a tighten up we all good. Im having issues with connectivity with my sicce wifi pump that I have to talk to service about but other than that its good to go.

1 Question: since my bulkheads are about 5-6 inches off the bottom of the drum, can I put a 90 facing down to the bottom on the inside of the drum to pull from the bottom? Im thinking (after the fact ;-) that if not I will have about 5 gallons always in the drum. Does anyone else with similar setup do that?
I don't see why you cant add a 90 inside, it shouldn't cause any issue. I had issues with my Sicce SDC but once I made sure it stayed on my 2.4ghz network it has been working fine.

I don't see why you cant add a 90 inside, it shouldn't cause any issue. I had issues with my Sicce SDC but once I made sure it stayed on my 2.4ghz network it has been working fine.
Im thinking I might need to adjust some setting on my router and firewall for that device. could be the issue.

Im thinking I might need to adjust some setting on my router and firewall for that device. could be the issue.
Sicce has had their network down before which created issues with new users. their customer service has been good but its tough at times with their time difference. I had a problem connecting my my pump with my Neptune apex. fortunately I could create an additional 2.4ghz IOT network on my router and I was able to get everything to play nice.

I would love to see how a auto water change would work? Could you post a video after it is up and running? I switched to pumps when I move to my 180 gallon tank... Its still pretty manuel tho... and what do you do withe the old salt water?

I would love to see how an auto water change would work? Could you post a video after it is up and running? I switched to pumps when I move to my 180 gallon tank... Its still pretty manuel tho... and what do you do withe the old salt water?
Old saltwater down the drain chief.

The pumps wifi was not operational and would drop network after connection. Sicce was responsive but it took about 15 emails and videos for them to replace the broken pump with a new one. THe new pump worked instantly and Ive had no issues since. Great pump for this project. I can turn off and on remotely all while monitoring the temp and flow rate from my phone when I need.

I have mine going to a drywell along with the water softener backwash and laundry drain.

Back