Web cam test

:eek: :D
~Flighty~ said:
Now I have to remember to not take my shirt off when I mess with something deep in the tank.

It came right up for me when I signed on. does it refresh or is it streaming?

it should stream, but sometimes it sends you to a start page that you must choose active x or java to get the feed.

Sweet! I hadn't clicked on the Java Icon, but now that I did it's streaming. I can see the clowns playing in the magnifica! You should zoom in for us to let everyone get a good look at the new anemone. I love the way the clowns roll themselves up in the edge of the anemone!

It doesn't have zoom, so I'll try to figure out how to get it closer to the tank. First I have to finish chiseling out a space for an extra door hinge to turn my front door into a duch door (today's project)

Works for me as Java, not as ActiveX. But, I may have ActiveX blocking enabled.

Very nice.

It would be interesting to get the specs of the hardware\software you used.

Cindy, if your lighting is washing out the image like you said, make sure in your settings that you have the iris setting set to auto.

Thats pretty cool. I wish ours could zoom. It also would be nice to be able to focus it remotely, but thats what you get when you don't pay much.

Yeah, I wish mine zoomed too. I really like the 8 presets it lets you set on it though. I really like how smooth your video is though. Panasonics new cams are supposed to be unreal. I just don't have the cash for them.

How's that anemone lovers? It's a little out of focus and he looks grumpy because he just ate, but it is pretty cool isn't it? Extra points to anyone who can figure out what box the camera is sitting on.

That looks awesome Cindy. I have the DCS 2100. I have only been able get it working when it is "hard-wired". Have you been able to get it working wireless? I need to play with it some more.

this is going wireless right now. Some things will interfere with the signal though, like our handheld phone.

I love it.. I want to get a camera on my reef now. Steve...I Swear...as I moved your camera...the fish were following me *L*

Does anyone know how to log how many visitors you have? Mine seems to be holding up pretty well, but I have no idea what kind of traffic I'm getting. I also need to figure out how to put it in a webpage with some info and maybe a guest book.

If you get it on a webpage, you could install a counter on the page itself.

BTW...don't look now, but I just checked to see if the lights were on...and it seems as if a dump truck has backed up to the anemone with intentions of hauling it away :)

the mh seem to interfere with the signal to some degree. I don't know how to get rid of the stripes

Back