Welder/fabricator near Cumberland RI

Miller

Non-member
Anybody on the BRS know of a reasonably priced welder/fabricator near Cumberland RI?

I've been calling around a few places and most are out on jobs and will call back today or tomorrow.

I drove over to get a quote from one in Attleboro today.....dude quoted me $200 for the two light hanging arms I need made to clean up the hanging of my ATI light since I can not hang it from the ceiling.

Between the two pieces it is about 12' worth of stock. They make an L shape extending down to the stand and over the tank. He said $50 for material and the rest was for labor. I thought $150 for labor seemed like an awful lot. It's and "L" shape with the front end capped off and welded shut. Maybe I don't know what I am talking about but it doesn't seem like it would take more then one hour.

Any ideas of where to call? Is this a reasonable price and I just don't know what welding/fabricating work cost? I don't want to get taken to the cleaners. I was figuring around $100.

Thanks for the link.

I can't attach brackets to the wall to suspend the light from.

So with no holes in the ceiling or on the wall behind the tank I need something coming up from behind the stand.

you might want to move this to DIY.
I was up in the air as where to post....not really a DIY project but kinda is:p.
How about some bent metal conduent and strap it to the back side of your stand
I thought about that. I want something BULLET proof to support the fixture since we have some serious $$$$$$$$$ invested in the fixture and bulbs.

I made mine out of iron pipe from lowes/depot. Cost <$50 for all of the parts.
They will cut the pipes to size for you and then you can screw them together with a few threaded 90's/t's. I went with 1" so I could fit all of the wiring inside the pipe and it gives a real clean look.
I have mine bolted to the back of my stand with pipe brackets and it is very solid. I went with 1 pipe off the back of the stand (considered 2 at first) so I can swivel the whole hood to the side to change out bulbs, move larger rock work, etc.
It has worked out great for me.

I made mine out of iron pipe from lowes/depot. Cost <$50 for all of the parts.
They will cut the pipes to size for you and then you can screw them together with a few threaded 90's/t's. I went with 1" so I could fit all of the wiring inside the pipe and it gives a real clean look.
I have mine bolted to the back of my stand with pipe brackets and it is very solid. I went with 1 pipe off the back of the stand (considered 2 at first) so I can swivel the whole hood to the side to change out bulbs, move larger rock work, etc.
It has worked out great for me.

Rusty you are the MAN!!!!! Thanks that will work pretty well I think. I didn't even think about using the iron pipe sold at lowes/HD.

I knew there was a reason I was posting on BRS.

i can prolly rig somthing up for you i have a welder and various tools

regular conduit is flimsy ridgid conduit is like pipe very strong stuff

im thinking 3/4 ridgid pipe with 2 tabs welded to the lower half

bent at 90degree and end capped shut looking at 1/2 hour labor topps

send me pm if your intersted

can deffinitly hook you up

I can help you out as well,Barry.
Full machine shop,welder and 1" square tubing galore.
Shop is in Oxford Ma.
Let me know.

Thanks Bob for making these awesome hangers for my new light!

Before....the temporary setup we have been using.
IMG_8637.jpg

Now.....
IMG_8639.jpg

I ran out of time so I still need to trim the bolts up top and I also need to adjust where the holes are in the stand because I miss calculated and the light it 1" to far to the right:eek:.

Looking good.:)
Glad everything worked out.It didn't take you long to get the new ones in place.

I was really excited when I got home and started painting them right away. The tank looks so much better without the 2x4 splitting that side panel into two.

I can't believe I waited this long to do this.

I have this stuff my father got from his job. I just bolted it to my stand. Its pretty much all adjustable and really really light weight. its awesome.. Its called 8020 stuff is pissa

8020. net

Also willing to help out with any fab projects. My shop is here in Braintree. Steel,aluminum and stainless. Rich

Back