Well....are ya comin'? June BRS meeting/cookout/catered party RSVP

Will you be coming to the June BRS meeting/party?

• I'll be there for sure

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I'll be there with one friend

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • There'll be three of us

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Four of us

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Five of us

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Six of us!

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cannot make it

Votes: 26 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
WHEN and WHERE:

The June meeting will be a cookout/party at Cindy (~Flighty's~) house

75 Kendall Pond Rd,
Windham, NH 03087
June 30th Sat.

The schedule is pretty loose on this meeting. People will probably start showing up at Cindy's by 11 AM or so, the catered portion of lunch will not be ready until about 1 PM or so.

What to bring: This is bring your own beverage, but please be responsible. There should be sufficient food for all (particularly if folks respond to this poll), but if you'd like to bring your own favorite dish to share, please do so.

Who should come:

New members are welcome to come, and join at the meeting. Don't hesitate on coming just because you don't know many people. Many of us (at least the officers and BOD) will be wearing our name tags, and will be glad to introduce you to plenty of folks. Actually this is the best meeting of the year to get to know other members.

Children will be welcome to attend. There will be many there, and we will likely have stuff for them to do, might want to bring bathing suits for 'em (hermit crab races?, wading pools? slip and slide?).

Cost: If you plan to partake in the catered food, we request a donation of $5 per person or $15 per family (see the menus below)

Rain Date:

We will have a large tent set up to provide additional shade, and shelter
in case of rain. NO RAIN DATE ON THIS, the meeting is rain or shine.

A member of the club (Pillowfish) it turns out is also a professional cook and has offered to cook the food for the entire club, as a gift to the club!! She's already cooked for a few members to rave reviews. So, what this means for the party.....the party will now be a 'catered' event. We are asking that folks at the party donate a nominal $ amount ($5/per person, or $15/per family) to help offset the cost of the foods. People are also encouraged to bring their own special dish to share if they would like to, but there is no requirement at all to do so. If you are bringing something you might list it below so everyone does not bring the same item. We will have plates, silverware, etc. available. You are also encouraged to bring your favorite beverages. Many people plan to bring their kids and it sounds like there will be plenty of kids to run around wild with. We may have some water type activities for them if it's warm.

The menu is below:

· Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Cornbread
· Caramelized Onion and Thyme Foccacia

· Fresh Fruit and Cheese Platter with Crackers
· Mediterranean Appetizers
-Taboulleh
-Hummus
- Greecian Olives
-Toasted Pita Triangles
· Mixed Greens with Lemon and Mint Vinaigrette

· Coriander and Ginger Rubbed Grilled Hanger Steak
· Grilled Chicken Skewers
· Cilantro and Lime Fire Grilled Shrimp Skewers
· Grilled Hamburgers and Hotdogs with Traditional Set-up

· Grilled Summer Vegetables
· Southern Potato Salad

· Assorted Petit Fours
· New York Style Cheesecake with Seasonal Berries

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying out google maps for the directions.

75 Kendall Pond Rd
Windham, NH 03087

CLICK FOR DIRECTIONS -> Google Map <-CLICK FOR DIRECTIONS
You should see links to the close fish stores and my house. Click on the house icon or on the fish store names to get directions.

Parking is best on Old Mill Rd (marked in yellow on the google map)

Walk right to the backyard on the driveway marked in green. We'll be giving tank tours inside, but it will help with the party traffic if you go to the back yard first.

LAST MINUTE NOTES:

Looks like the weather will be great! We will have a large inflatable water-slide/ wading pool for the kids, so bring towels and bathing suits for them.

Bring whatever drinks you prefer, but please no drinking and driving. We have plenty of couch, bed, and floor space if you need to sleep it off

Again, Everyone is welcome, even if you haven't met Eliot or I or if this is your first BRS meeting.

Bring a folding chair or blanket if you want to be sure to have a seat.

Best parking is on Old Mill Rd. On the google map the road is marked in yellow. Please leave our driveways for handicapped members and for people dropping off heavy stuff.

Last edited:
I moved these two posts just so the directions will be easier to find

Today, 10:21 AM HalfLung

Would like very much to come, but won't be home from work until 7:30. We came late last year but not this late.

Gina McReeferson
Incomplete

I know how you feel, working Sats stinks especially when you're a BRS'r. :rolleyes: We'll be there. We'll be arriving late, probably 2:30ish (I'm sneaking out of work early to go :eek:).

BRS Moderator

Don't hate me because I'm moderation.

I'm still undecided...I'll check with Jess and see if she is up for the drive.

BTW...Since when do quotes have the avatars in them?

smcnally
AKA "Schmally"

icon1.gif

I'm still undecided...I'll check with Jess and see if she is up for the drive.

BTW...Since when do quotes have the avatars in them?

Hey Cindy get ready I am coming and bringing the whole crew which as of today is 4 kids ;)
I will bring a bunch of assorted things
and will probably arrive around 1ish ;)

4 coming

I'll be there with the family, and looking forward to it! :)

Everyone is welcome. Don't be shy about coming if you are a new member or haven't met many of us yet.

Are those directions working for everyone? I have never used that google map feature before.

Map is working for me Cindy that's pretty slick.Ya'll :p can expect a few from my house to be there.

I remember them.. I once broke my leg (hairline fracture) trying to demonstrate a jester to a friend. :eek:

Back