West Epoxy?

Yes, West Systems Epoxy is what people are referring to when they say "West Epoxy". FWIW, any good laminating epoxy will serve the same purposes as West Systems. Go to a woodworking store, or a boat supply store, and they may have other brands such as MAS or System 3. These are all great epoxies. Before you buy, make sure you know which formula is best for your uses, and which thickener will suit your needs. You'll need a Resin, a Hardener, and usually a powdered additive.

Nate

Thanks Nate for the reply. I'm trying to do some additional protection of a PVC to Acrylic joint where I unfortunately will have to join them and can't use the rod trick here someone suggested in another post. Any thoughts which would be best to use? I was going to join them with Weld-On 40, then wanted an additional layer of Epoxy.

Thanks,

-Mike

Actually, I wouldn't bother with the epoxy. I'd just use Weldon 16 for a PVC-Acrylic joint. I've done it in the past and had no problems with strength or water-tightness. A solvent glue like that will always be stronger than a mechanical bond on plastic.

Back