What is this invert??

Jason72

Non-member
I walked in and looked at my tank and saw this. Any thoughts?? Sorry the quality isn’t better.
Thanks!

Attachments

• F7AA7E0B-9AF4-4F7F-8258-89D3AE11D2B6.jpeg
    F7AA7E0B-9AF4-4F7F-8258-89D3AE11D2B6.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 263
I tried to upload a video but it doesn’t let me. It almost looks like a dead/dying snail without its shell. I can’t tell if the water current is moving it or if it’s undulating on its own.

Nope it’s definitely something alive. I pulled it off with a chopstick and it’s now climbing across the glass. Should I get rid of it?

Attachments

• 3F52E920-5FB7-4EBC-A10C-6912382503A9.jpeg
    3F52E920-5FB7-4EBC-A10C-6912382503A9.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 228
Thanks luu. Harmless? It’s covered in white spots - the body is tannish colored. I can’t find it online (yet)

Videos can be uploaded with a link to any hosting site such as YouTube, Vimeo etc.

Videos can be uploaded with a link to any hosting site such as YouTube, Vimeo etc.
Thanks. I’ve figured out it’s definitely alive and looks like some sort of nudi, and luu mentioned. Now I’m just trying to figure out if I flush it or leave it alone

Definitely looks like a nudibranch. Could be harmless... I'd contact someone like this guy for an ID:

Ugh. It does look like that’s what I have. Sadly I went back just moments later and it’s long gone. I’ll keep an eye out - maybe I’ll catch it in the act of eating a snail (I don’t have clams). If I see it again out it goes. Should’ve just not even second guessed myself and pulled it out when I found it ‍♂️

from what I can tell it’ll die off without clams and snails right?

Thanks everyone!

Ugh. It does look like that’s what I have. Sadly I went back just moments later and it’s long gone. I’ll keep an eye out - maybe I’ll catch it in the act of eating a snail (I don’t have clams). If I see it again out it goes. Should’ve just not even second guessed myself and pulled it out when I found it ‍♂️

from what I can tell it’ll die off without clams and snails right?

Thanks everyone!
mine came out after lights out

Keep checking your tank after lights out you’ll see it eventually. It took me a few weeks of nighttime inspections to catch the one in my tank.

Rule of thumb. "When in doubt toss it out" Especially if you had located it and removed it. Not worth the risk.

Back